posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default Tools for Joe

On 27 Jul 2006 09:03:04 -0700, "Joe" wrote:

Frank Boettcher wrote:
Here you go Joe, some tools you may need for that steel boat. A
little pricey though.

Frank

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st/10...-price&x=4&y=6

RedCloud uses deisel, therefore nonferrious stricking wrenches are not
needed to inspect my tanks.
However if I were striking bolts loose on a gasoline barge 3K plus per
wrench would seem affordable and a bargain .

I'll stick to Proto, Craftsman, and Mac tools.

Joe

Hating those adjustable spanners that are used to adjust shaft packing
glands, I bought a couple of big box wrenches for almost nothing at a
plant closing auction, cut the handles off and I had the nicest set of
packing gland adjusters in the harbor. They were not non ferrous
striking wrenches but they probably had a new cost of several hundred
bucks apiece. When I sold the boat, I meant to get them off, and
forgot.

Frank