posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty Scotty is offline

Default Tools for Joe

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
On 27 Jul 2006 09:03:04 -0700, "Joe"

wrote:

Frank Boettcher wrote:
Here you go Joe, some tools you may need for that steel

boat. A
little pricey though.

Frank

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st/10...8186563?page=1
&rh=n%3A468240%2Cp_4%3AAMPCO&sort=-price&x=4&y=6

RedCloud uses deisel, therefore nonferrious stricking

wrenches are not
needed to inspect my tanks.
However if I were striking bolts loose on a gasoline

barge 3K plus per
wrench would seem affordable and a bargain .

I'll stick to Proto, Craftsman, and Mac tools.

Joe

Hating those adjustable spanners that are used to adjust

shaft packing
glands, I bought a couple of big box wrenches for almost

nothing at a
plant closing auction, cut the handles off and I had the

nicest set of
packing gland adjusters in the harbor. They were not non

ferrous
striking wrenches but they probably had a new cost of

several hundred
bucks apiece. When I sold the boat, I meant to get them

off, and
forgot.

I had some of those striking wrenches, size 2'' - 5''. I
gave them to my buddy who works on steam engines. I had no
idea they were that expensive.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_