posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default Beneteau - a sailor/reviewer's thoughts

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
.... If these center cockpit boats bring more people
out on the water, I'm all for them, as long as I don't have to sail
with those people. .......

I dunno, I've never subscribed to the "more is better" theory with regard
to people.

Frank Boettcher wrote:
I've got to confess, the times that I've done bareboat charters, I've
always gone for the center cockpits.

We've chartered a couple of CC boats. It's different. I personally don't
care much for their looks or their handling unless they're at least 45
feet, although there are a few pretty cool smaller ones.

My biggest complaint with CC boats is that they can be very wet unless one
has a very protective dodger with side curtains. Sitting that far forward
over the hull insures getting spray in the face when working to weather in
larger waves..

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Albert Frankenstein

My biggest complaint with CC boats is that they can be very wet

Yeah, especially on their undersides!

--
Albert Frankenstein

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

snipped for brevity

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Yeah, especially on their undersides!

What an idiot...and worse...not even funny.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Maxprop wrote:
My biggest complaint with CC boats is that they can be very wet unless one
has a very protective dodger with side curtains. Sitting that far forward
over the hull insures getting spray in the face when working to weather in
larger waves..

Once they get up to LOA over about 45 feet, that's not a
problem.

If you're thinking of a boat like the Moody 38CC, consider
an Oyster instead.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"DSK" wrote in message
Maxprop wrote:
My biggest complaint with CC boats is that they can be very wet unless
one has a very protective dodger with side curtains. Sitting that far
forward over the hull insures getting spray in the face when working to
weather in larger waves..

Once they get up to LOA over about 45 feet, that's not a problem.

If you're thinking of a boat like the Moody 38CC, consider an Oyster
instead.

I love Oysters, but I'm not aware that they have anything in the 38' range,
at least nothing recent. Further, they generally cost more than Moodys.

Guess I should qualify my statement: we've been looking at boats in the
40-45' range, and after spending some time on several examples in that size
range (Moorings 445, Saga 43, Catalina 42, Hunter 410, others) we've decided
that 38' doesn't give up much in interior volume, nor in average hull speed
over a typical 150-200 mile day. It does make maneuvering in close
quarters, and finding slips, easier. And they generally cost less than
boats of comparable quality over 40'. The Moody is one of the few
higher-quality boats in that size.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

Frank Boettcher wrote:
I've got to confess, the times that I've done bareboat charters, I've
always gone for the center cockpits.

We've chartered a couple of CC boats. It's different. I
personally don't care much for their looks or their handling
unless they're at least 45 feet, although there are a few
pretty cool smaller ones.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Something about the short CC boats that look fat, top heavy and
awkward. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I always liked the
look of the Endeavour 42 CC.

I chartered a Hunter Passage 42 CC and was actually surprised at how
well it sailed. I expected much less.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Something about the short CC boats that look fat, top heavy and
awkward. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I always liked the
look of the Endeavour 42 CC.

This guy is a frikin idiot.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

On 14 Feb 2006 08:57:24 -0800, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

Something about the short CC boats that look fat, top heavy and
awkward. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I always liked the
look of the Endeavour 42 CC.

This guy is a frikin idiot.

RB
35s5
NY

Regularly boobsprit drifts into areas he is mentally ill equipped to
be in and makes certain claims. Historically, in the admittedly few
times where my knowledge is greater than the average of the group, or
by virtue of personal experience I am the highest knowledge holder in
an area, I've challeneged his ridiculous assertions. For the most
part, those challenges have been ignored. I can only assume he is a
busted liar when that happens.

Yet he seems to have no qualms about belittling my opinions or
personal preferences where no claims are made. He can't seem to
distinguish the difference.

What a sad, pathetic little man.

Frank
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Something about the short CC boats that look fat, top heavy and
awkward. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I always liked the
look of the Endeavour 42 CC.

This guy is a frikin idiot.

Let me get this straight--this guy's an idiot because he expressed an
opinion, and it differs from your own?????

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message

Something about the short CC boats that look fat, top heavy and
awkward.

That's always been my take as well. One of the better-looking shorter CC
boats was S2's 35' Graham & Schlageter designed hull with a cruising CC deck
arrangement. And they were ultra fast downwind. Beyond that, I've never
though boats below about 44' looked good with CCs.

Max

Would you like a free Beneteau or Lagoon ? [email protected] Cruising 26 January 22nd 06 07:41 PM
Beneteau vs. Beneteau Capt. Rob ASA 0 January 4th 06 02:38 PM
Good advice - get rid of that Beneteau . . . Capt. Neal® ASA 0 November 2nd 05 11:31 PM
Group for Beneteau Capt. Rob Cruising 3 November 2nd 05 01:25 AM
Beneteau list [email protected] General 0 November 1st 05 02:24 PM