Default Would you like a free Beneteau or Lagoon ?

A new Beneteau 473 costs about the same as a new Lagoon 380S2
(between $300,000 and $350,000).

They're built by the same group of companies (Groupe Beneteau).

And according to http://www.cruisingcatsusa.com/whyacat.php3
they also have approximately the same amount of interior space
(although the Lagoon has more cockpit space).

If you could get either of these boats for free (with a free slip)
which one would you choose ?

Please add your name to one of the lists below :

BENETEAU 473

LAGOON 380S2
Popeye

It's interesting to see that Lagoon and Fountaine Pajot
are on John Neal's list of recommended offshore boats
whereas Beneteau and Jeanneau are not.

http://www.mahina.com/cruise.html

This link doesn't seem to be working right now but
you can still find the list at www.archive.org.

Sorry I forgot to post the official links earlier.

Beneteau 473
http://www.beneteauusa.com/sail/curr.../473_intro.php

Lagoon 380 S2
http://www.cata-lagoon.com/380_pres_fr.php
Gary

wrote:
A new Beneteau 473 costs about the same as a new Lagoon 380S2
(between $300,000 and $350,000).

They're built by the same group of companies (Groupe Beneteau).

And according to
http://www.cruisingcatsusa.com/whyacat.php3
they also have approximately the same amount of interior space
(although the Lagoon has more cockpit space).

If you could get either of these boats for free (with a free slip)
which one would you choose ?

Please add your name to one of the lists below :

That is a tough choice. I think I'd go for the Lagoon because I've
never had a cat and I'd like to try one. Besides, I think it will take
less bottom paint.

BENETEAU 473

LAGOON 380S2
Popeye
Gaz

Jeff

Gary wrote:
That is a tough choice. I think I'd go for the Lagoon because I've
never had a cat and I'd like to try one. Besides, I think it will take
less bottom paint.

Perhaps less paint, but you have to tape twice the waterline. And
buff twice the topsides. Actually though, the cat is a bit easier in
this regard because they sit lower in the yard. I have to confess
that the underside of the bridge on my boat doesn't get the full
treatment!
Jeff

Default Would you like a free Beneteau or Lagoon ? voting thread

wrote:

A new Beneteau 473 costs about the same as a new Lagoon 380S2
(between $300,000 and $350,000).

They're built by the same group of companies (Groupe Beneteau).

And according to http://www.cruisingcatsusa.com/whyacat.php3
they also have approximately the same amount of interior space
(although the Lagoon has more cockpit space).

If you could get either of these boats for free (with a free slip)
which one would you choose ?

Please add your name to one of the lists below :

That is a tough choice. I think I'd go for the Lagoon because I've never
had a cat and I'd like to try one. Besides, I think it will take less
bottom paint.

BENETEAU 473

LAGOON 380S2
Popeye
Gaz
JG
Jeff - neither are my favorites, but I've voted with my wallet

Glenn Ashmore

If you like the feeling you get driving a bus and have everyone but the
helmsman watching where you have been rather than where you are going, get
the Lagoon. Otherwise I would much prefer the Bendytoe.
(But for that kind of money you can find some much better boats for long
distance cruising.)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

wrote in message
ink.net...

A new Beneteau 473 costs about the same as a new Lagoon 380S2
(between $300,000 and $350,000).

They're built by the same group of companies (Groupe Beneteau).

And according to http://www.cruisingcatsusa.com/whyacat.php3
they also have approximately the same amount of interior space
(although the Lagoon has more cockpit space).

If you could get either of these boats for free (with a free slip)
which one would you choose ?

Please add your name to one of the lists below :

BENETEAU 473

LAGOON 380S2
Popeye

Capt. JG

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

A new Beneteau 473 costs about the same as a new Lagoon 380S2
(between $300,000 and $350,000).

They're built by the same group of companies (Groupe Beneteau).

And according to http://www.cruisingcatsusa.com/whyacat.php3
they also have approximately the same amount of interior space
(although the Lagoon has more cockpit space).

If you could get either of these boats for free (with a free slip)
which one would you choose ?

Please add your name to one of the lists below :

That is a tough choice. I think I'd go for the Lagoon because I've never
had a cat and I'd like to try one. Besides, I think it will take less
bottom paint.

BENETEAU 473

LAGOON 380S2
Popeye
Gaz
JG Jeff - neither are my favorites, but I've voted with my wallet

Apparently. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com