posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Default SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message
news:dgMHf.3322$Be4.1385@clgrps13...

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

Nothing was plowed in Kew Gardens this morning and only

part of Forest
Hills. And if you knew anything about driving you might

know that a
plowed street can be worse than unplowed. Of course you

don't know and
you have a Kia!!!

Yeah!.... Shure!..... 16" of snow on a NYC street, plows

too busy, the
whole place rolls up the sidewalks at night and has no

clue of what weather
is expected.... yeah Bobsprit, we believe you.....

S-h-u-r-e!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaaa.....

Don't forget about those big hills between 57th and 42nd
streets.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
Depending the car, weight and type of wheels this is of

course 100%
true. Plowed street leaves packed snow over thin layer

of ice in some
conditions, which is worse for a big tire than 9 inched

of powder.

I've never heard anything so funny in my 100's of

Thousands of Km of driving
on Seasonal, Winter and Ice roads for the past 20 years

while living in the
Arctic!!!

Next you'll be telling us you are an Instructor for

Advanced Vehicle Control
on Snow & Ice.... Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!

I showed these posts to my wife, but she still made me plow
the driveway today.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've never heard anything so funny in my 100's of

Thousands of Km of
driving
on Seasonal, Winter and Ice roads for the past 20 years

while living in
the
Arctic!!!

So let's get this straight, Mooron. You seem to think that

an 18" all
weather tire has BETTER traction over compacted snow and

ice than
through untouched snow?
Just for the record...do tell.

My 22'' tires do better on a plowed road than not. Yes, you
are wrong once again. And small, too.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com..
..
Wow, a real explorer you are, driving on the plowed

streets
of NYC.

And if you knew anything about driving you might know

that a
plowed street can be worse than unplowed.

Are you a professional driver? I am.

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Nutsy,

Driving on an unplowed street or a plowed street, just may have topped
the Shackles on the mooring cleats. You re in rare form!!

Take another picture of Thom and let the City worry about Street
conditions. You've Bust yourself on this one.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/Pneuma

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout

"Scotty" wrote in message
I just measured 16'' here. And it's still snowing!!!!!!!
How's everybody else doing?

I was busy getting my John Deere fitted with a 42" snow thrower. I have a
lot to clear (no pun intended). Anyway, the pros at John Deere prepped the
tractor for the thrower when I bought it, but I'm guessing they never read
the instructions because they prepped it for an electric PTO; mine is
mechanical, and they knew that. Well, the thrower still fit, but I didn't
like how things looked, belts too tight, etc., so I dug out the original
manual and there it was. I remounted all the brackets and shoulder bolts and
so on, and she fired right. I hit the 15" of wet spring snow and she plugged
up like a fat man on a cheese diet.
Scout, waiting for a foot of powder snow.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

You have 2 choices here Scout.... approach it a little at a time or
undertake "Bobsprit's Revelation" - which states that deep snow provides
better traction than plowed snow.

CM

"Scout" wrote in message
"Scotty" wrote in message
I just measured 16'' here. And it's still snowing!!!!!!!
How's everybody else doing?

I was busy getting my John Deere fitted with a 42" snow thrower. I have a
lot to clear (no pun intended). Anyway, the pros at John Deere prepped the
tractor for the thrower when I bought it, but I'm guessing they never read
the instructions because they prepped it for an electric PTO; mine is
mechanical, and they knew that. Well, the thrower still fit, but I didn't
like how things looked, belts too tight, etc., so I dug out the original
manual and there it was. I remounted all the brackets and shoulder bolts
and so on, and she fired right. I hit the 15" of wet spring snow and she
plugged up like a fat man on a cheese diet.
Scout, waiting for a foot of powder snow.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Anyway, the pros at John Deere prepped the
tractor for the thrower when I bought it, but I'm guessing they never
read
the instructions because they prepped it for an electric PTO; mine is
mechanical, and they knew that.

Mooron's best sailing post to be sure.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

or
undertake "Bobsprit's Revelation" - which states that deep snow
provides
better traction than plowed snow.

Of course I'm right about that. Plowed snow leaves behind a thin layer
of snow and ice. Stopping distances are higher and deep snow tracking
characteristics are lost (for larger ADW vehicles like mine). Traction
on fresh snow is better than ice, folks. Kinda obvious....except to
mooron. Streets are plowed because smaller cars can't handle it at all.
But a SUV will do better in 9 inches of snow than a layer of ice.
Maybe Mooron thinks snowplows just reveal dry pavement?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Vito

"katy" wrote
You obviously havent' read the new statistics about 4WD and
snow....your average front wheel drive car does much better and is
the overall best bet in bad weather.

I own both. FWD does great til the snow gets deep and packs up under the front
end lifting the tires. That's when I reach for the Jeep.