posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Default SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Scotty wrote:
I just measured 16'' here. And it's still snowing!!!!!!!
How's everybody else doing?

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

HAHAHA...we didn't get any...up at Great neck they've got 2-4 inches
and WAVY kept saying we were going to get it but it never showed
up...I haven't been away from it ling enough to mis the stuff but
everyone here was hoping it would.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Capt. Rob wrote:
9" over here, but only if I'm really stimulated.

Otherwise we're approaching the 1 foot mark for snow. I just took the
Tribeca out for a ride...modern 4 wheel drive rocks!

RB
35s5
NY

You obviously havent' read the new statistics about 4WD and
snow....your average front wheel drive car does much better and is
the overall best bet in bad weather.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

Nothing was plowed in Kew Gardens this morning and only part of Forest
Hills. And if you knew anything about driving you might know that a
plowed street can be worse than unplowed. Of course you don't know and
you have a Kia!!!

Yeah!.... Shure!..... 16" of snow on a NYC street, plows too busy, the
whole place rolls up the sidewalks at night and has no clue of what weather
is expected.... yeah Bobsprit, we believe you..... S-h-u-r-e!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaaa.....

CM-

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

And if you knew anything about driving you might know that a
plowed street can be worse than unplowed.

Wow!!... 30 min of driving in the winter and Bowsprit's an Expert!!

Driving on a plowed road being worse than unplowed... priceless!!

You should write city hall to lay off those dead-beat plow drivers!!

Bwahahahahahahaahahahahaaaa....

CM-

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Wow!!... 30 min of driving in the winter and Bowsprit's an Expert!!

Been driving a variety of cars in the Pocono's for 15 years. Maybe
you've heard...we do get a bit of snow there.

Driving on a plowed road being worse than unplowed... priceless!!

Depending the car, weight and type of wheels this is of course 100%
true. Plowed street leaves packed snow over thin layer of ice in some
conditions, which is worse for a big tire than 9 inched of powder.

RB
35s5...someone who's actually driven many cars!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
Depending the car, weight and type of wheels this is of course 100%
true. Plowed street leaves packed snow over thin layer of ice in some
conditions, which is worse for a big tire than 9 inched of powder.

ROFLMAO... Ouch!!!!.....STOP..... my sides are aching I'm laughing so
much!!!!

I've never heard anything so funny in my 100's of Thousands of Km of driving
on Seasonal, Winter and Ice roads for the past 20 years while living in the
Arctic!!!

Next you'll be telling us you are an Instructor for Advanced Vehicle Control
on Snow & Ice.... Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!

CM-

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

I've never heard anything so funny in my 100's of Thousands of Km of
driving
on Seasonal, Winter and Ice roads for the past 20 years while living in
the
Arctic!!!

So let's get this straight, Mooron. You seem to think that an 18" all
weather tire has BETTER traction over compacted snow and ice than
through untouched snow?
Just for the record...do tell.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Seaweed in the hamburger.

Praise!

"Scotty" wrote in message
i don't think McD's has them on the menu, do they?

SBV

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
nk.net...
You will pay for eating greasy animal fleash!

Amen!

Eat sea conch and sea vegetables!

Glory!

"Seahag" wrote in message
Looks like we got 6 or 8" overnight. Bill took the Jeep

to McDonalds for
greasy-meat, didn't even get to ust 4h:^(

Seahag

"Scotty" wrote:
I just measured 16'' here. And it's still snowing!!!!!!!
How's everybody else doing?

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
Depending the car, weight and type of wheels this is of course 100%
true. Plowed street leaves packed snow over thin layer of ice in some
conditions, which is worse for a big tire than 9 inched of powder.

ROFLMAO... Ouch!!!!.....STOP..... my sides are aching I'm laughing so
much!!!!

I've never heard anything so funny in my 100's of Thousands of Km of
driving on Seasonal, Winter and Ice roads for the past 20 years while
living in the Arctic!!!

Next you'll be telling us you are an Instructor for Advanced Vehicle
Control on Snow & Ice.... Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!

CM-

This is hilarious. I have over 27 years in the high Rockies, including a
decade of professional mountain snow plowing.

Kew Gardens - drive around the block!!!!!

Aaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!

What about some wet spring snow?

Glory!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

So let's get this straight, Mooron. You seem to think that an 18" all
weather tire has BETTER traction over compacted snow and ice than
through untouched snow?
Just for the record...do tell.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAhhahahahahahahahahaha.......

Can you believe this guy????? Oh my sides ache from laughing!

The roads of the nation are plowed to reduce traction and promote
accidents... it's a government conspiracy!!... Bobsprit will set us
straight!!!

Woooooooooooooooooo Bouy!
Let's take the unplowed road so we get better traction!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa...

CM-