posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Default Hello.....Goodbye.

I live close to Vail.

Amen!

OzOne wrote in message ...

Flew in yesterday for a quick stop.

About a million messages...marked em all read after a quick scan that
showed you all running around snapping at Bubbles heels while he just
laughs at you all.

Seems cabin fever is rife!

Hope my houseminder hasn't been giving you grief again.

Flying out tomorrow morning to arrive in LA early Sunday morning then
off to Lake Tahoe for another couple of weeks of skiing, then down to
San Diego via a few days in SF and a week in Vail CO...

Anyone here live in San Diego?

Be good now!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
k.net...
I live close to Vail.

Ah, so you're not a sailor at all.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Dillon Reservoir?

Who in their right mind would own a boat anyway?

Amen!

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
k.net...
I live close to Vail.

Ah, so you're not a sailor at all.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
ink.net...
Dillon Reservoir?

Who in their right mind would own a boat anyway?

Ah, Dillon. When I was a pro ski patrolman at Breckenridge, we spent our
summers crewing for a friend on his Ensign on Dillon. Amazing place. One
race started out with blue skies, 8kts., and temps around 70 (shorts, no
shirt) and ended up with snow and 20kts. When you see the snow beginning to
blow up on Buffalo Mtn. it's time to take down the chute. Great memories
from there.

Isn't there a decent sailing lake near Aspen as well?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Lady Pilot

"Bob Crantz" wrote:
I live close to Vail.

I knew you did! You accused Capt. Mooron of giving me your identity and
whereabouts, when we had never even discussed you. Remember that?

My girlfriend is trying to get me to go to Vail or Tahoe next week, but I've
been in the hospital for surgery and I'm just not up to it yet. She may
drag me there anyway...(long story)

I looked up your IP address years ago on a personal search engine that I
gave to Capt. Neal. Of course he blabbed it to everyone in a.s.a. and I was
rather ****ed about it. But I forgive him, on a regular basis...

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

There are no decent sailing areas in the mountains. The wind changes too
much. It's great to learn to read the wind.

Are you thinking of Ruedi Reservoir?

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
ink.net...
Dillon Reservoir?

Who in their right mind would own a boat anyway?

Ah, Dillon. When I was a pro ski patrolman at Breckenridge, we spent our
summers crewing for a friend on his Ensign on Dillon. Amazing place. One
race started out with blue skies, 8kts., and temps around 70 (shorts, no
shirt) and ended up with snow and 20kts. When you see the snow beginning
to blow up on Buffalo Mtn. it's time to take down the chute. Great
memories from there.

Isn't there a decent sailing lake near Aspen as well?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Actually, I think that sort of learning really makes the sailor. It's easy
to sail when you have steady wind from a particular direction. It takes
skill and patience to sail in air that is constantly changing both in
direction and strength!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
k.net...
There are no decent sailing areas in the mountains. The wind changes too
much. It's great to learn to read the wind.

Are you thinking of Ruedi Reservoir?

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
ink.net...
Dillon Reservoir?

Who in their right mind would own a boat anyway?

Ah, Dillon. When I was a pro ski patrolman at Breckenridge, we spent our
summers crewing for a friend on his Ensign on Dillon. Amazing place.
One race started out with blue skies, 8kts., and temps around 70 (shorts,
no shirt) and ended up with snow and 20kts. When you see the snow
beginning to blow up on Buffalo Mtn. it's time to take down the chute.
Great memories from there.

Isn't there a decent sailing lake near Aspen as well?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
k.net...
There are no decent sailing areas in the mountains. The wind changes too
much. It's great to learn to read the wind.

Are you thinking of Ruedi Reservoir?

Yup--that's it. Never been there, but we knew some folks who raced a boat
there. I seem to recall they had a Lightning. Sound familiar?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Actually, I think that sort of learning really makes the sailor. It's easy
to sail when you have steady wind from a particular direction. It takes
skill and patience to sail in air that is constantly changing both in
direction and strength!

It also develops one's survival instincts on Dillon Reservoir.

Max

Hello.....Goodbye. Capt. Rob ASA 3 January 21st 06 09:50 PM
Hello.....Goodbye. Capt. Rob ASA 1 January 21st 06 03:21 PM
Kiss it goodbye [email protected] Boat Building 13 January 5th 06 06:33 PM
Kiss it goodbye [email protected] General 3 January 5th 06 02:02 AM
Partiosims Lady Pilot ASA 11 December 28th 05 02:44 PM