posted to alt.sailing.asa
Lady Pilot

Default Partiosims

Have You Forgotten? (Back to Top)

I hear people saying we don't need this war
I say there's some things worth fighting for
What about our freedom and this piece of ground?
We didn't get to keep 'em by backing down
They say we don't realize the mess we're getting in
Before you start preaching
Let me ask you this my friend

CHORUS 1
Have you forgotten how it felt that day
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away?
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside
Going through a living hell
And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

They took all the footage off my T.V.
Said it's too disturbing for you and me
It'll just breed anger that's what the experts say
If it was up to me I'd show it every day
Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
After 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right

CHORUS 1
Have you forgotten how it felt that day
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away?
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside
Going through a living hell
And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

I've been there with the soldiers
Who've gone away to war
And you can bet they remember
Just what they're fighting for

CHORUS 2
Have you forgotten all the people killed?
Some went down like heroes in that Pennsylvania field
Have you forgotten about our Pentagon?
All the loved ones that we lost
And those left to carry on
Don't you tell me not to worry about Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

Have you forgotten?
Have you forgotten?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Have You Forgotten?

Hell no I haven't forgotten... and never will.

But... I personally find it difficult to relate the horrific murd-
erous acts of "911" to justifying our invasion and occupation
of Iraq.

To the best of my limited knowledge these assh*les mostly
originated from countries such as Saudi Arabia. And for that
matter it has been reported that Osama Bin Laden had nothing
but contempt for Saddam Hussein. So I don't quite see the
connection to all this.

And yeh I still support our troops... the "ground pounder" and
the people that logistically back him/her up... that's a given...
being I am an ex Marine "grunt" as well. (3rd Battalion 1st Marines)

But I find it beyond my own abilities and the way I see things... to
get real gung ho and patriotic over our Iraqi incursion from the
git-go.

Best regards

Bill

posted to alt.sailing.asa
John Cairns

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message
Have You Forgotten? (Back to Top)

I hear people saying we don't need this war
I say there's some things worth fighting for

Like cheap oil, or the wet dreams of neocons that passed when they had an
opportunity to demonstrate their own personal courage? Remember, Cheney's
"other priorities".

What about our freedom and this piece of ground?
We didn't get to keep 'em by backing down

You need to do a little reading of our history before you make such
nonsensical statements. Please tell us the names of ANY books that you've
read on the subject, in particular, books covering the era of the American
Revolution.

They say we don't realize the mess we're getting in
Before you start preaching
Let me ask you this my friend

Not sure that anyone knows the extent of the mess that we've gotten
ourselves into.

CHORUS 1
Have you forgotten how it felt that day
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away?
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside
Going through a living hell
And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

Actually, your president says that we shouldn't worry about bin laden.
You'll have to offer at least a scrap of evidence as to the connection
between 9/11 and Iraq.

They took all the footage off my T.V.
Said it's too disturbing for you and me
It'll just breed anger that's what the experts say
If it was up to me I'd show it every day
Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
After 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right

Which is great for the simpletons out there, but it doesn't do a thing for
the security of the US. Of course, a proper response doesn't do a thing for
the defense contractors-remember Halliburton-does it?

I've been there with the soldiers
Who've gone away to war
And you can bet they remember
Just what they're fighting for

Do they really? Seen a LOT of ****ed off parents of dead soldiers in the
media these days. If you asked the average joe out there what he was
fighting for I'd guess he'd tell you it was for the guy next to him.

CHORUS 2
Have you forgotten all the people killed?
Some went down like heroes in that Pennsylvania field
Have you forgotten about our Pentagon?
All the loved ones that we lost
And those left to carry on
Don't you tell me not to worry about Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

Have you forgotten?
Have you forgotten?

No, also haven't forgotten what Goering said during the Nuremburg trials.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the
country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag
the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a
parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can
always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have
to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for
lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
-- Herman Goering--

Looks like you have some reading to do.

John Cairns

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bret Cahill

It's happened befo

December 7, 1941: A Setup from the Beginning
December 7, 2000
Robert B. Stinnett
Honolulu Advertiser

As Americans honor those 2403 men, women, and children killed-and
1178 wounded-in the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii on
December 7, 1941, recently released government documents concerning
that "surprise" raid compel us to revisit some troubling questions.

At issue is American foreknowledge of Japanese military plans to attack
Hawaii by a submarine and carrier force 59 years ago. There are two
questions at the top of the foreknowledge list: (1) whether President
Franklin D. Roosevelt and his top military chieftains provoked Japan
into an "overt act of war" directed at Hawaii, and (2) whether
Japan's military plans were obtained in advance by the United States
but concealed from the Hawaiian military commanders, Admiral Husband E.
Kimmel and Lieutenant General Walter Short so they would not interfere
with the overt act.

The latter question was answered in the affirmative on October 30,
2000, when President Bill Clinton signed into law, with the support of
a bipartisan Congress, the National Defense Authorization Act. Amidst
its omnibus provisions, the Act reverses the findings of nine previous
Pearl Harbor investigations and finds that both Kimmel and Short were
denied crucial military intelligence that tracked the Japanese forces
toward Hawaii and obtained by the Roosevelt Administration in the weeks
before the attack.

Congress was specific in its finding against the 1941 White House:
Kimmel and Short were cut off from the intelligence pipeline that
located Japanese forces advancing on Hawaii. Then, after the successful
Japanese raid, both commanders were relieved of their commands, blamed
for failing to ward off the attack, and demoted in rank.

President Clinton must now decide whether to grant the request by
Congress to restore the commanders to their 1941 ranks. Regardless of
what the Commander-in-Chief does in the remaining months of his term,
these congressional findings should be widely seen as an exoneration of
59 years of blame assigned to Kimmel and Short.

But one important question remains: Does the blame for the Pearl Harbor
disaster revert to President Roosevelt?

A major motion picture based on the attack is currently under
production by Walt Disney Studios and scheduled for release in May
2001. The producer, Jerry Bruckheimer, refuses to include America's
foreknowledge in the script. When Bruckheimer commented on FDR's
foreknowledge in an interview published earlier this year, he said
"That's all b___s___.

Yet, Roosevelt believed that provoking Japan into an attack on Hawaii
was the only option he had in 1941 to overcome the powerful America
First non-interventionist movement led by aviation hero Charles
Lindbergh. These anti-war views were shared by 80 percent of the
American public from 1940 to 1941. Though Germany had conquered most of
Europe, and her U-Boats were sinking American ships in the Atlantic
Ocean-including warships-Americans wanted nothing to do with
"Europe's War."

However, Germany made a strategic error. She, along with her Axis
partner, Italy, signed the mutual assistance treaty with Japan, the
Tripartite Pact, on September 27, 1940. Ten days later, Lieutenant
Commander Arthur McCollum, a U.S. Naval officer in the Office of Naval
Intelligence (ONI), saw an opportunity to counter the U.S. isolationist
movement by provoking Japan into a state of war with the U.S.,
triggering the mutual assistance provisions of the Tripartite Pact, and
bringing America into World War II.

Memorialized in McCollum's secret memo dated October 7, 1940, and
recently obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, the ONI
proposal called for eight provocations aimed at Japan. Its centerpiece
was keeping the might of the U.S. Fleet based in the Territory of
Hawaii as a lure for a Japanese attack.

President Roosevelt acted swiftly. The very next day, October 8, 1940,
the Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Fleet, Admiral James O. Richardson,
was summoned to the Oval Office and told of the provocative plan by the
President. In a heated argument with FDR, the admiral objected to
placing his sailors and ships in harm's way. Richardson was then
fired and in his place FDR selected an obscure naval officer, Rear
Admiral Husband E. Kimmel, to command the fleet in Hawaii. Kimmel was
promoted to a four-star admiral and took command on February 1, 1941.
In a related appointment, Walter Short was promoted from Major General
to a three-star Lieutenant General and given command of U.S. Army
troops in Hawaii.

Throughout 1941, FDR implemented the remaining seven provocations. He
then gauged Japanese reaction through intercepted and decoded
communications intelligence originated by Japan's diplomatic and
military leaders.

The island nation's militarists used the provocations to seize
control of Japan and organized their military forces for war against
the U.S., Great Britain, and the Netherlands. The centerpiece-the
Pearl Harbor attack-was leaked to the U.S. in January 1941. During
the next 11 months, the White House followed the Japanese war plans
through the intercepted and decoded diplomatic and military
communications intelligence.

Japanese leaders failed in basic security precautions. At least 1,000
Japanese military and diplomatic radio messages per day were
intercepted by monitoring stations operated by the U.S. and her Allies,
and the message contents were summarized for the White House. The
intercept summaries were clear: Pearl Harbor would be attacked on
December 7, 1941, by Japanese forces advancing through the Central and
North Pacific Oceans. On November 27 and 28, 1941, Admiral Kimmel and
General Short were ordered to remain in a defensive posture for "the
United States desires that Japan commit the first overt act." The
order came directly from President Roosevelt.

As I explained to a policy forum audience at The Independent Institute
in Oakland, California, which was videotaped and telecast nationwide
over the Fourth of July holiday earlier this year, my research of U.S.
naval records shows that not only were Kimmel and Short cut off from
the Japanese communications intelligence pipeline, so were the American
people. It is a coverup that has lasted for nearly 59 years.

Immediately after December 7, 1941, military communications documents
that disclose American foreknowledge of the Pearl Harbor disaster were
locked in U.S. Navy vaults away from the prying eyes of congressional
investigators, historians, and authors. Though the Freedom of
Information Act freed the foreknowledge documents from the secretive
vaults to the sunlight of the National Archives in 1995, a cottage
industry continues to cover up America's foreknowledge of Pearl
Harbor.

It's not the Jap's fault. Blame FDR!

Banzai!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gary

John Cairns wrote:
"Lady Pilot" wrote in message

[...]

Atta boy John. Just remember, it's not the grunts who decide to go.
It's just a living, food on the table. They can't quit when the
Washington suits make a bad decision.

Gaz

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

I agree John, It's an OK song, but please remember LP had nothing to do
with writing it. Dont you ever listen to Country music?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

How's about this one Gaz

The Angry American
By Toby Keith

Oh justice will be served
And the battle will rage
This big dog will fight
When you rattle his cage
And you'll be sorry that you messed with The U.S. of A.
'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass
It's the American way.

Hey Uncle Sam put your name
At the top of his list
And the Statue of Liberty
Started shakin' her fist
And the eagle will fly
And there's gonna be hell
When you hear Mother Freedom
Start ringin' her bell
And it'll feel like the whole wide world
Is rainin' down on you
Brought to you courtesy Of the Red, White and Blue.

Oh, oh, of the Red, White and Blue
Oh, oh, of the Red, White and Blue.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

My favorite is:

Red and white, blue suede shoes, i'm uncle sam, how do you do?
Gimme five, i'm still alive, ain't no luck, i learned to duck.
Check my pulse, it don't change. stay seventy-two come shine or rain.
Wave the flag, pop the bag, rock the boat, skin the goat.
Wave that flag, wave it wide and high.
Summertime done, come and gone, my, oh, my.

I'm uncle sam, that's who i am; been hidin' out in a rock and roll band.
Shake the hand that shook the hand of p.t. barnum and charlie chan.
Shine your shoes, light your fuse. can you use them ol' u.s. blues?
I'll drink your health, share your wealth, run your life, steal your wife.
Wave that flag, wave it wide and high.
Summertime done, come and gone, my, oh, my.

Back to back chicken shack. son of a gun, better change your act.
We're all confused, what's to lose?
Wave that flag, wave it wide and high.
Summertime done, come and gone, my, oh, my.

or how about:

Come on all of you big strong men
Uncle Sam needs your help again
he's got himself in a terrible jam
way down yonder in Viet Nam so
put down your books and pick up a gun we're
gonna have a whole lotta fun

(CHORUS)
And it's one, two, three, what are we fighting for
don't ask me I don't give a damn, next stop is Viet Nam
And it's five, six, seven, open up the pearly gates
ain't no time to wonder why, whoopee we're all gonna die

Come on generals, let's move fast
your big chance has come at last
now you can go out and get those reds
cos the only good commie is the one that's dead and
you know that peace can only be won when we've
blown 'em all to kingdom come

Come on wall street don't be slow
why man this war is a go-go
there's plenty good money to be made by
supplying the army with the tools of its trade
let's hope and pray that if they drop the bomb,
they drop it on the Viet Cong

Come on mothers throughout the land
pack your boys off to Viet Nam
come on fathers don't hesitate
send your sons off before it's too late
and you can be the first ones on your block
to have your boy come home in a box

or even better yet:

Kiss me goodbye and write me while I'm gone.
Goodbye my sweetheart... hello Vietnam.

America has heard the bugle call
and you know it involves us one and all.
I don't suppose that war will ever end
there's fighting that will break us up again.

Goodbye my darling... hello Vietnam.
I'm here to take a battle to be won.
Kiss me goodbye and write me while I'm gone.
Goodbye my sweetheart... hello Vietnam.

A ship is waiting for us at the dock.
America has trouble to be stopped.
We must stop communism in that land
or freedom will start slipping through our hand.

(spoken)
I hope and pray someday the world will learn
that fires we don't put out will bigger burn.
We must save freedom now at any cost
or someday our own freedom will be lost.

Kiss me goodbye and write me while I'm gone.
Goodbye my sweetheart... hello Vietnam.

better yet:

Fighting soldiers from the sky
Fearless men who jump and die
Men who mean just what they say
The brave men of the Green Beret

Silver wings upon their chest
These are men, America's best
One hundred men will test today
But only three win the Green Beret

Trained to live off nature's land
Trained in combat, hand-to-hand
Men who fight by night and day
Courage peak from the Green Berets

Silver wings upon their chest
These are men, America's best
One hundred men will test today
But only three win the Green Beret

Back at home a young wife waits
Her Green Beret has met his fate
He has died for those oppressed
Leaving her his last request

Put silver wings on my son's chest
Make him one of America's best
He'll be a man they'll test one day
Have him win the Green Beret.

God bless those who actually put themselves in danger.

Amen!

The chicken hawks will be swimming in lava!

Glory!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Just like you never served Robert Broady AKA The Commode?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
John Cairns

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
I agree John, It's an OK song, but please remember LP had nothing to do
with writing it. Dont you ever listen to Country music?

Joe

More something along these lines:

Hear the sound of the falling rain
Coming down like an Armageddon flame (Hey!)
The shame
The ones who died without a name

Hear the dogs howling out of key
To a hymn called "Faith and Misery" (Hey!)
And bleed, the company lost the war today

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives
On holiday

Hear the drum pounding out of time
Another protestor has crossed the line (Hey!)
To find, the money's on the other side

Can I get another Amen? (Amen!)
There's a flag wrapped around the score of men (Hey!)
A gag, A plastic bag on a monument

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives
On holiday

"The representative from California has the floor"

Sieg Heil to the president gasman
Bombs away is your punishment
Pulverize the Eiffel towers
Who criticize your government
Bang bang goes the broken glass man
Kill all the fags that don't agree
Trials by fire, setting fire
Is not a way that's meant for me
Just cause, just cause, because we're outlaws yeah!

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives
I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives

This is our lives on holiday

John Cairns