Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Whats a toilet worth

Years ago when I bought my boat used, it came with a marine head and
unused holding tank. I forget what brand the head was except that it
was the highest rated one by Practical Sailor. I hated it. No matter
what I did, replacing all hoses, rinsing it, etc, it stank and so did
the boat. I spent more time working on it than all other boat systems
put together. One day in a fit of "I'm gonna simplify my life", I took
it out, wired the thru-hulls shut and replaced it with a porta-potti.
Then I carried that damned thing around in my truck for awhile till a
sailing buddy saw it and asked about it and I gave it to him. I then
gave the holding tank to someone else. Now, both of these people still
act as if I had done them some huge favor when all I wanted to do was
get rid of it. So, for getting rid of the smell of **** and gaining
some storage space, they think I am a great friend, best investment I
ever made.
After 2 porta-pottis, I am still very happy I did this and my boating
life is much easier and less smelly.

Is it worth the effort to paint Joe ASA 1 January 3rd 06 01:47 AM
Worth Sharing Skipper General 0 December 11th 05 09:50 PM
Project boat - Is this boat worth it? Charlie Brown General 13 November 28th 05 12:50 AM
Experience with WAG bags? (portable toilet) Pam in Iowa General 2 November 14th 05 11:55 PM
What is your net worth? Bob Crantz ASA 12 November 11th 05 10:47 PM