posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

Default Whats a toilet worth

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Oh for Mercy of the Gods!!!

Hey, what's wrong, Mooron? You seem pretty salty these days.

Aw... who the hell knows.... maybe I'm pining for the fiords?

Maybe it's just that I enjoy raking people's butts over the coals....

Nonetheless... it's been fun so far! How about you?

CM

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Nonetheless... it's been fun so far! How about you?

Honestly...I'm tired. Spending a lot of time with Thomas and I'm
grateful for it, but he's tireless and I'm not. Suzanne went to sleep
at 8:00 and I'm only up because my buddy is bringing my radar system
over and a new grill.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

Honestly...I'm tired. Spending a lot of time with Thomas and I'm
grateful for it, but he's tireless and I'm not. Suzanne went to sleep
at 8:00 and I'm only up because my buddy is bringing my radar system
over and a new grill.

I'd recommend a puppy for Thomas... or a brother/sister to play with.
Personally... I'd go with the puppy if I were you. Something Thomas can
smack around... like a Lasa Ahpso. It would serve a duel purpose and doesn't
require much space...... plus you can use it to polish and buff the new
boat this spring.

CM

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Porta-potty? Do you only day sail?

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

wrote in message
oups.com...
Years ago when I bought my boat used, it came with a marine

head and
unused holding tank. I forget what brand the head was except

that it
was the highest rated one by Practical Sailor. I hated it. No

matter
what I did, replacing all hoses, rinsing it, etc, it stank and

so did
the boat. I spent more time working on it than all other boat

systems
put together. One day in a fit of "I'm gonna simplify my

life", I took
it out, wired the thru-hulls shut and replaced it with a

porta-potti.
Then I carried that damned thing around in my truck for awhile

till a
sailing buddy saw it and asked about it and I gave it to him.

I then
gave the holding tank to someone else. Now, both of these

people still
act as if I had done them some huge favor when all I wanted to

do was
get rid of it. So, for getting rid of the smell of **** and

gaining
some storage space, they think I am a great friend, best

investment I
ever made.
After 2 porta-pottis, I am still very happy I did this and my

boating
life is much easier and less smelly.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Porta-potty? Do you only day sail?

A porta potty can take a lot of crap, maybe not from Scotty Potty and
his wife, but from normal humans...yes. And there's always the bucket.
Potty tips his hand again!

RB
35s5...a boat that can take some crap!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Swab Rob" wrote

A porta potty can take a lot of crap,

unlike the chicken Bobspit.

RB
35s5...a boat that can scoop some crap!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
John Cairns

wrote in message
[...]

If you sail with females aboard, a proper head is priceless.

John Cairns

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

If you sail with females aboard, a proper head is priceless.

John, you've never been more right about anything.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Once spent 3 weeks aboard with myself, my wife, and two small kids.
Maybe were just less full o' **** than most. My wife suggested the
porta-potti. Yes, I did read everything I could find on marine heads
and replaced the old piping with supposedly impermeable stuff before
deciding to make the switch. I never have head problems and never work
on it now. I just haul it ashore every few days when we use the boat,
no big deal. You have to understand that my wife and I were always
outdoors fanatics so the boat is like luxury to us. We spent our
honeymoon (1980) camping for 3 months along the continental divide in
Colorado and WY. She was finally hurt in a climbing accident (broken
arm, chunk outa her hip and broken toe but still wanted to camp. We
finally gave it up and went back to civilization when the snow was
collapsing the tent every night. AND that was just the beginning so
you can see that having the luxury of a porta-potti and real drinkable
water aboard seems like the Hilton by comparison. My daughters dont
seem to mind the porta-potti either (19 and 9.)

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

You have to understand that my wife and I were always
outdoors fanatics so the boat is like luxury to us.

Your boat also has an interior that is original and holding up well.
That is like a luxury for Mooron, who had to rebuild his. I knew a few
people who removed thier plumbed heads as you did...just a lot less to
worry about for folks who don't cruise on a regular basis. I do prefer
a plumbed head.
That's the straight poop. Don't worry about Mooron. He's got his "head"
worried about things like this....

http://www.nordicaboats.com/assets/i...etal-L-opt.jpg

And the text from the Nordica 30 website...
"Wasted metal samples from the rudder - this fitting was ABOVE the
waterline! Lack of caulking and or entrapment of moisture within the
rudder caused this type of damage over time."

"Nordica 30, a mediocre boat today, a total kit boat in the future."

RB
35s5
NY

Is it worth the effort to paint Joe ASA 1 January 3rd 06 01:47 AM
Worth Sharing Skipper General 0 December 11th 05 09:50 PM
Project boat - Is this boat worth it? Charlie Brown General 13 November 28th 05 12:50 AM
Experience with WAG bags? (portable toilet) Pam in Iowa General 2 November 14th 05 11:55 PM
What is your net worth? Bob Crantz ASA 12 November 11th 05 10:47 PM