posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default Happy New Year!

Everyone.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Seahag

"Joe" wrote:
Everyone.

Same to you!

(Is it OK to say Happy New Year? Or are people with
different calendars gonna get all ****ed off?)

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

It's OK, why care what they think, we know they are wrong...right?

How's your restoration project coming along? Will you be sailing this
summer?

There is a huge wooden yacht here and the owners took off about 3 mo.
ago just after spending 35K repairing and painting the hull. The boat
allready looks like crap, varnish peeling everywhere decks warping and
cracks in the paint where the planks meet.

man.... I thought a steel boat could go to hell in a hand basket in no
time left un-attended, but wood has to be a full time job keeping
things ship shape.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Seahag

"Joe" wrote:
It's OK, why care what they think, we know they are
wrong...right?

How's your restoration project coming along? Will you be
sailing this
summer?

Maybe, unless something unforseen happens. keeping fingers
and toes crossed for now!

There is a huge wooden yacht here and the owners took off
about 3 mo.
ago just after spending 35K repairing and painting the
hull. The boat
allready looks like crap, varnish peeling everywhere decks
warping and
cracks in the paint where the planks meet.

I could never keep the seams smooth on Lahaina, the boat was
just too soft. She needed serious re-framing and
refastening. Sounds like that boat is in worse shape!

man.... I thought a steel boat could go to hell in a hand
basket in no
time left un-attended, but wood has to be a full time job
keeping
things ship shape.

Yeah, it pretty much was. Towards the end I had maintenence
down to 2 or 3 weeks spring and fall. The real time saver
was rigging up my bosun's chair so I could haul myself up
the masts, then I could sand and varnish both spars in a
day. Yeesh, don't remind me!

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Seahag" wrote
The real time saver
was rigging up my bosun's chair so I could haul myself up
the masts, then I could sand and varnish both spars in a
day.

And how do you do it now?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Seahag

"Scotty" wrote:

"Seahag" wrote
The real time saver
was rigging up my bosun's chair so I could haul myself up
the masts, then I could sand and varnish both spars in a
day.

And how do you do it now?

They don't need no steenkin' varnish!

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Seahag" wrote in message

"Scotty" wrote:

"Seahag" wrote
The real time saver
was rigging up my bosun's chair so I could haul myself up
the masts, then I could sand and varnish both spars in a
day.

And how do you do it now?

They don't need no steenkin' varnish!

Seahag

Well then, let's start the drinking!

Ever drink Captain Morgan's 'Tattoo'?

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Seahag

"Scotty" wrote:
"Seahag" wrote:

"Scotty" wrote:

"Seahag" wrote
The real time saver
was rigging up my bosun's chair so I could haul myself
up
the masts, then I could sand and varnish both spars in
day.

And how do you do it now?

They don't need no steenkin' varnish!

Well then, let's start the drinking!

Ever drink Captain Morgan's 'Tattoo'?

No, but Tim bought some the other day so I'll get to try
some this weekend. Have you tried Pyrat yet? It's smooth
but a bit too fruity for me.

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa
ladysailor

(Is it OK to say Happy New Year? Or are people with
different calendars gonna get all ****ed off?)

I don't think so. I celebrated the millenium on the Great Wall of
China. It was a bitchen party and nobody complained that we were a
little off on the date.

Barb
www.sailinglinks.com

BTW... Happy New Year to all you scurvy dogs!!!!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Seahag

"ladysailor" wrote:
(Is it OK to say Happy New Year? Or are people with
different calendars gonna get all ****ed off?)

I don't think so. I celebrated the millenium on the Great
Wall of
China. It was a bitchen party and nobody complained that
we were a
little off on the date.

That must have been neat!

Seahag

Happy Whatever JimH General 2 December 20th 05 09:54 PM
free Happy Henry eBook [email protected] ASA 0 December 20th 05 03:31 PM
free Happy Henry eBook [email protected] General 0 December 20th 05 03:30 PM
Best Day Sailing This Year Bart Senior ASA 28 November 2nd 05 04:16 AM