posted to alt.sailing.asa
Seahag

Default Happy New Year!

"Joe" wrote:
It's OK, why care what they think, we know they are
wrong...right?

How's your restoration project coming along? Will you be
sailing this
summer?

Maybe, unless something unforseen happens. keeping fingers
and toes crossed for now!

There is a huge wooden yacht here and the owners took off
about 3 mo.
ago just after spending 35K repairing and painting the
hull. The boat
allready looks like crap, varnish peeling everywhere decks
warping and
cracks in the paint where the planks meet.

I could never keep the seams smooth on Lahaina, the boat was
just too soft. She needed serious re-framing and
refastening. Sounds like that boat is in worse shape!

man.... I thought a steel boat could go to hell in a hand
basket in no
time left un-attended, but wood has to be a full time job
keeping
things ship shape.

Yeah, it pretty much was. Towards the end I had maintenence
down to 2 or 3 weeks spring and fall. The real time saver
was rigging up my bosun's chair so I could haul myself up
the masts, then I could sand and varnish both spars in a
day. Yeesh, don't remind me!

Seahag