Bart Senior

Default Yachtsman or Sailor?

What is the difference between a yachtsman and
a sailor?

DSK

Bart Senior wrote:
What is the difference between a yachtsman and
a sailor?

One wears a Greek fisherman's cap?

DSK

Capt.Mooron

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...
What is the difference between a yachtsman and
a sailor?

Bobsprit is a Yachtsman

I'm a sailor

The vessel does not make the sailor... but it does make the Yachtsman.

CM

Thom Stewart

A Sailor collects a pay check at the end of a voyage; A Yachtman is the
man who signs the sailor's pay check.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

Joe

money

John Cairns

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...
What is the difference between a yachtsman and
a sailor?

Well, bubbles is a yachtsman wannabe. I think everyone else with the
exception of redclod is a sailor.

John Cairns

Scotty

"John Cairns" wrote in
message m...

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message

What is the difference between a yachtsman and
a sailor?

Well, bubbles is a yachtsman wannabe. I think everyone else

with the
exception of redclod is a sailor.

I don't care what you call me, as long as you call me for dinner.

Scotty

Vito

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...
What is the difference between a yachtsman and
a sailor?

A sailor sails. A yachtsman may sail or, like me, simply spend so much time
working on his boat that he has little or no time to sail.

DSK

"Bart Senior" wrote

Vito wrote:
A sailor sails. A yachtsman may sail or, like me, simply spend so much time
working on his boat that he has little or no time to sail.

Y'know, forgive me for being serious a minute... but between you and
Thom, I think you really have defined the difference. A sailor is
somebody who sails... and works on his own boat... and would not hire
somebody else to do the sailing for him, because that's what he enjoys
most. A sailor is self-reliant and does as much of his own work as he
can. A yachtsman is content to hire somebody... maybe even brags about it...

DSK

Capt.American

Doug,

You are correct. A yachtsman has a yacht and see's it as just another
toy and tool. Most likely he is to busy to work on a boat. Why work on
a boat and save 65 dollars an hour when you can work and earn 2 grand
an hour? Leave the grunt work to the pro's.

A boat is made to relax and escape work, that is when it's value
shines clearly.

Capt. American

The Daring Sailor Capt. Rob ASA 23 November 7th 05 11:14 PM
Sailor to launch 'wrong way' trip jlrogers ASA 0 November 5th 05 11:45 AM
Good story of sailor surviving recent northeaster Roger Long Cruising 5 November 1st 05 02:54 AM
Good story of sailor surviving recent northeaster John Cairns ASA 2 October 29th 05 06:44 PM
A sailor John Cairns ASA 4 October 29th 05 12:29 AM