Capt. Rob

Default It's a Brutal World

Scotty....a sad sad, oh so sad Seidlemann 30, dated and slow
Neal....Solid but hideous boat with almost nor performance at all
Katy....suspect light build quality, ugly profile
Loco....ugly, dated and cheap look interior
Mooron....slllloooowww boat to China, not fun to sail
Jeff.....A cat, barely any sailing fun on that oil rig.
Crantz...No boat
Joe....Steel tub that can't get out it's own way.
Doug....sigh...a trawler

Robert B....Beneteau 35s5 that is faster than the above boats,
beautiful to sail and spend time aboard, modern and sweet. The only
boat with births that fit two adults, the only boat that can truly
scream upwind, the only boat with a boat with an aft cabin, swim
platform, fractional rig, wing keel, huge cockpit and sail
locker...sure some of your boats may have a few of these things..but
never all!!!!

Bwaahahahahahhahahahaha!

RB
35s5

Capt. Rob

Berths, Bob, not Births!

They're both!

RB

Capt Rob-

Captain Joe Redcloud wrote:
|| On 31 Oct 2005 15:33:42 -0800, "Capt. Rob"
||| Scotty....a sad sad, oh so sad Seidlemann 30, dated and slow
||| Neal....Solid but hideous boat with almost nor performance at all
||| Katy....suspect light build quality, ugly profile
||| Loco....ugly, dated and cheap look interior
||| Mooron....slllloooowww boat to China, not fun to sail
||| Jeff.....A cat, barely any sailing fun on that oil rig.
||| Crantz...No boat
||| Joe....Steel tub that can't get out it's own way.
||| Doug....sigh...a trawler
||| Robert B....Beneteau 35s5 that is faster than the above boats,
||| beautiful to sail and spend time aboard, modern and sweet. The
only
||| boat with births that fit two adults, the only boat that can truly
||| scream upwind, the only boat with a boat with an aft cabin, swim
||| platform, fractional rig, wing keel, huge cockpit and sail
||| locker...sure some of your boats may have a few of these
things..but
||| never all!!!!
||| Bwaahahahahahhahahahaha!
||| RB
||| 35s5
|| Berths, Bob, not Births!
|| Captain Joe Redcloud
|| Mohnton PA

Booble **** says his boat has *AFTER BIRTHS*

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

rgnmstr

the only boat that can truly
scream upwind, the only boat with a boat with an aft cabin, swim
platform, fractional rig,

First of all sailboats don't scream upwind. They may "charge" upwind.
They can "storm" upwind. Sailboats can only "scream" downwind.
Secondly if you knew anything about boats you would know frac rigs
don't perform as well as mastheads in light air areas like LIS or the
Chesapeake. You bought the wrong boat Boobie. It may have big berths
and a big head but you ain't gonna be "screaming" anywhere.

Capt. Rob

First of all sailboats don't scream upwind. They may "charge" upwind.
They can "storm" upwind.

How desperate can poor Loco be?

if you knew anything about boats you would know frac rigs
don't perform as well as mastheads in light air areas like LIS or the
Chesapeake.

Only problem is Loco, there are no better light air performers than the
35s5 that fit our requirements, not even close. And that includes the
34XL which we also sailed. The most popular light air boat on the LIS
are J-Boats. No other boat even comes close to their numbers here. So
not only do you know nothing about boats, you know less about what's
sailed and where!

RB
35s5

rgnmstr

So not only do you know nothing about boats, you know less about
what's
sailed and where!

I know enough to know for example that the J29 masthead is considered
much more desirable in those areas.

Thom Stewart

Loco,

Sorry to say this to you Loco, but Nutsy will be screaming up wind.
He'll be screaming at the top of his voice as he trys to set that big
main and reduce heel (g) I think that is what Nutsy meant by SCREAMING
UP WIND!

Thom

Capt. Rob

Actually Loco you truly know NOTHING about boats. The J29 is only
sought after for her racing merits and no one would pick it over a J30
for cruising duty. In addition to your ignorance...
The J29 masthed rig was an OPTION. The one I sail has the fractional.
Her owner likes her because she's lighter by far..half a ton in fact.
It shows when we tack with the 30 which is slower to accelerate. He
also likes getting the motor off the back...can't do that with a 30.

Here's what a dumbass you are...from the Jboat website assoc.

"The Johnstones are quick to point out that the J/29 is not an
ultralight displacement boat-those West Coast downwind flyers. There's
a healthy New England respect for upwind ability-reflected in the
J/29's beamy hull form, narrow entry and moderate freeboard. The boat
comes with an optional masthead rig, which some owners prefer for
general light-air conditions and to boost performance off the wind,
particularly two-sail reaching. But, according to Bob Barton of Horizon
Sails, who raced a J/29 last fall, the fractional rig offers certain
advantages, especially upwind. In the Manhasset Fall Series, which had
a preponderance of upwind sailing, Barton carried a 98 percent headsail
a majority of the time."

Since we don't race and pointing is a higher priority it looks like we
made the right choice!! BWAHAAHAHA! Loco, you're such a magazine based
sailor, it's amazing you dare post anything. I've actually sailed the
29. You've read about it. Now go ahead and claim otherwise, but then
why wouldn't you know that J29's had BOTH rigs? HMMMMM????

Hoooh ahhhh!

RB
35s5...the nicer, faster, bigger boat than Locos!

Capt. Rob

Sorry to say this to you Loco, but Nutsy will be screaming up wind.
He'll be screaming at the top of his voice as he trys to set that big
main and reduce heel (g) I think that is what Nutsy meant by SCREAMING
UP WIND!

Uh, Thom....that was freaking funny.
And you may be right. I was about to scream a few times sailing the
35s5 last week. The damn thing is fast.

RB
35s5

rgnmstr

Actually Loco you truly know NOTHING about boats. The J29 is only
sought after for her racing merits and no one would pick it over a J30
for cruising duty. ..

UGH................. Who said anything about that. I commented on
masthead vs frac in light air areas. What a dope.