Capt. Rob

Default Doug the Navigator

Hey, Doug...when someone refers to a handheld compass on a SAILBOAT,
they're usually NOT refering to this:

http://www.computing.dcu.ie/~cameron...ch/compass.gif

They mean THIS:

http://www.sailorsport.com/product_m...pid_732_10.jpg

Bwahahahahahahahahha!

Robert B
C&C 99
NY

Capt. Rob

Bob...can you explain the primary differences between the 2 compasses?

Can Doug the Trawler Boy? I think you need to look to Doug for all your
compass info!

RB

Martin Baxter

"Capt.Mooron" wrote:

Bob...can you explain the primary differences between the 2 compasses?

I guess not.

Cheers
martin
Capt.Mooron

Heh no reason to be so darned difficult.... I asked a simple question. I'll
explain what I think are the primary differences...

Dampening with mineral spirits
Lubbers Line
bearing gradation
Overall construction

Can you think of anything else?

CM
"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bob...can you explain the primary differences between the 2 compasses?

Can Doug the Trawler Boy? I think you need to look to Doug for all your
compass info!

RB

Capt. Rob

Dampening with mineral spirits
Lubbers Line
bearing gradation
Overall construction

After Doug didn't know what kind of hand held compass is found on a
sailboat, I don't see why you had to ruin this thread. You should have
let HIM answer, even though he doesn't carry a bearing compass by his
own admission. I prefer to use the ones in my Fuji's, but I also have
the Davis (which has poor degree markings) and the excellent Weems and
Plath.

RB

Capt. Rob

Bob...can you explain the primary differences between the 2 compasses?

guess not.

Poor Martin can't read very well.

RB

Martin Baxter

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

Bob...can you explain the primary differences between the 2 compasses?

guess not.

Poor Martin can't read very well.

No need if it's your drivel.
------------ And now a word from our sponsor ---------------------
For a secure high performance FTP using SSL/TLS encryption
upgrade to SurgeFTP
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgeftp.htm ----
Martin Baxter

"Capt.Mooron" wrote:

Heh no reason to be so darned difficult.... I asked a simple question. I'll
explain what I think are the primary differences...

Dampening with mineral spirits
Lubbers Line
bearing gradation
Overall construction

Can you think of anything else?

Evidently not, I however can.

Cheers
Martin
Capt. Rob

Poor Martin can't read very well.

No need if it's your drivel.

Actually, it was Mooron's "drivel." Good work, Martin! You seem to
enjoy stepping on the wrong end of the rake each day.

Bwahahahaha!

RB