BoatBanter.com

-   -   Doug the Navigator (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/61733-doug-navigator.html)

Capt. Rob October 20th 05 10:58 AM

Doug the Navigator

Hey, Doug...when someone refers to a handheld compass on a SAILBOAT,
they're usually NOT refering to this:

http://www.computing.dcu.ie/~cameron...ch/compass.gif

They mean THIS:

http://www.sailorsport.com/product_m...pid_732_10.jpg

Bwahahahahahahahahha!

Robert B
C&C 99
NY

Capt. Rob October 20th 05 12:14 PM

Doug the Navigator

Bob...can you explain the primary differences between the 2 compasses?

Can Doug the Trawler Boy? I think you need to look to Doug for all your
compass info!

RB

Martin Baxter October 20th 05 01:14 PM

Doug the Navigator

"Capt.Mooron" wrote:

Bob...can you explain the primary differences between the 2 compasses?

I guess not.

Cheers
martin

Capt.Mooron October 20th 05 01:16 PM

Doug the Navigator

Heh no reason to be so darned difficult.... I asked a simple question. I'll
explain what I think are the primary differences...

Dampening with mineral spirits
Lubbers Line
bearing gradation
Overall construction

Can you think of anything else?

CM
oups.com...

Capt. Rob October 20th 05 01:25 PM

Doug the Navigator

Dampening with mineral spirits
Lubbers Line
bearing gradation
Overall construction

After Doug didn't know what kind of hand held compass is found on a
sailboat, I don't see why you had to ruin this thread. You should have
let HIM answer, even though he doesn't carry a bearing compass by his
own admission. I prefer to use the ones in my Fuji's, but I also have
the Davis (which has poor degree markings) and the excellent Weems and
Plath.

RB

Capt. Rob October 20th 05 01:44 PM

Doug the Navigator

Bob...can you explain the primary differences between the 2 compasses?

guess not.

Poor Martin can't read very well.

RB

Martin Baxter October 20th 05 02:09 PM

Doug the Navigator

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

Bob...can you explain the primary differences between the 2 compasses?

guess not.

Poor Martin can't read very well.

No need if it's your drivel.
------------ And now a word from our sponsor ---------------------
For a secure high performance FTP using SSL/TLS encryption
upgrade to SurgeFTP
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgeftp.htm ----

Martin Baxter October 20th 05 02:10 PM

Doug the Navigator

"Capt.Mooron" wrote:

Heh no reason to be so darned difficult.... I asked a simple question. I'll
explain what I think are the primary differences...

Dampening with mineral spirits
Lubbers Line
bearing gradation
Overall construction

Can you think of anything else?

Evidently not, I however can.

Cheers
Martin

Capt. Rob October 20th 05 02:39 PM

Doug the Navigator

Poor Martin can't read very well.

No need if it's your drivel.

Actually, it was Mooron's "drivel." Good work, Martin! You seem to
enjoy stepping on the wrong end of the rake each day.

Bwahahahaha!

RB