Capt. Neal®

Default Windward First in Wilma's path??????

Hey Capt. Rob,

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphi...150811W_sm.gif

I hope Wilma doesn't hit Tampa and I sure hope she doesn't turn more towards the Keys.
That's a five-day forecast track and they are often adjusted quite a bit one way or the other.
Being right in the middle this far out is often a good sign.

If Wilma stays on the forecast track or turns a little more east it would make four hurricane
near misses with tropical storm and hurricane force winds in three of them so far this season.
Boats at marinas don't fare so well. "Cut the Mustard" has survived wind and lightning but I'm
not too happy seeing another storm this late in the season coming this way.

Wishing you the best,
CN
Joe

So how many hurricanes have you weathered on Cut the Mustard?

I'm going to start a Hurricane Ace's Club.
All members must ride out 5 hurricanes on one boat.

It will be more rare to be a member then to be a Royal Shellback.

Joe

Capt. Neal®

"Joe" wrote in message oups.com...
| So how many hurricanes have you weathered on Cut the Mustard?
|
| I'm going to start a Hurricane Ace's Club.
| All members must ride out 5 hurricanes on one boat.
|
| It will be more rare to be a member then to be a Royal Shellback.
|
| Joe

Too many to keep count of. I'd have to add them all up since Andrew back
in 1992. Many have passed close enough to us here in the Keys to have
hurricane force winds but no eye has passed me here on Key Largo.
I'd guess around a dozen or so.

Put me down as a charter member of the Ace's Club.

I qualify without a doubt and on the same boat.

CN

Joe

Ok, But you need to provide the names and dates of at least 5
Hurricanes that you had 72+MPH winds.

I have one more to go on RedCloud...I've been thru at least a
dozen...but only 4 on RedCloud.

As a member you will receive a free Hurricane Ace's sticker to apply to
your cockpit, If you perfer..I
will provide you with an offical insigna and you can paint it on
yerself.

Do we have any others who have weathered 5 hurricanes on 1 boat?

Joe

Capt. Neal®

Joe,

Here is a good link that shows the paths of all the Hurricanes since way back.

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/guides/mtr/hurr/hurtrack/

There are lots that have grazed southern Florida and the Keys.

I started in 1992 and am remembering them from year to year. Fun!

CN

"Joe" wrote in message oups.com...
| Ok, But you need to provide the names and dates of at least 5
| Hurricanes that you had 72+MPH winds.
|
| I have one more to go on RedCloud...I've been thru at least a
| dozen...but only 4 on RedCloud.
|
| As a member you will receive a free Hurricane Ace's sticker to apply to
| your cockpit, If you perfer..I
| will provide you with an offical insigna and you can paint it on
| yerself.
|
| Do we have any others who have weathered 5 hurricanes on 1 boat?
|
| Joe

Joe

Here in the Gulf Alicia in 83-84 was my first. We had 110 knots steady
and the eye went right over us. I was working offshore and lost my
home to the storm, It was OK because I did not pay much for it, just
getting out of the Navy I worked 14 days on 14 days off. It was laid
out across the neighbors lawn. I was on a great boat at the time. The
Point Barrow, Armored plated windows in the wheelhouse, 10,000 HP, even
the USCG seeked shelter on our boat. Destruction in the local area was
awesome, i would be rich if I had a viedo camera at the time.

Some time in the late 80's I went thru an eye at my house in La Marque
just N. of galveston. It was daytime and the eye was large and we had a
crystal clear bright blue sky for about 30 min.

Did you get your melted wire problems sorted out yet?

Joe
MSV RedCloud....A real farraday cage

DSK

Joe wrote:
Ok, But you need to provide the names and dates of at least 5
Hurricanes that you had 72+MPH winds.

I have one more to go on RedCloud...I've been thru at least a
dozen...but only 4 on RedCloud.

How long have you owned her? we've been thru 6 or 7 named storms and two
hurricanes on the tugboat, and that's in 4 years.

As a member you will receive a free Hurricane Ace's sticker to apply to
your cockpit, If you perfer..I
will provide you with an offical insigna and you can paint it on
yerself.

Sounds cool. I will definitely apply, expect to qualify next year unless
Wilma pays a surprise vist up here.

BTW if we get a Cat 4 or 5, you will not see me "weathering the storm"
on board, I make the boat as safe as possible and then go far away. The
'Winnie W.' is a proud & lovely vessel but is not worth our lives.

Do we have any others who have weathered 5 hurricanes on 1 boat?

Bubbles has, but only in his fantasies. He took photos, too.

DSK

Joe

I bought the HMS Neversail on December 12th of 1994. lived onboard
since Dec 17 1994.

Doug you Gotta ride out the storm on-board to become a member.

No other ace used a drone or UV. I remember your crusing hurricane,
what was it's name?

joe

Capt. Rob

The
'Winnie W.' is a proud & lovely vessel but is not worth our lives.

She must be worth about 50 bucks then. A trawler a lovely vessel?
Good grief.

RB

Capt. Neal®

"Joe" wrote in message oups.com...
| Ok, But you need to provide the names and dates of at least 5
| Hurricanes that you had 72+MPH winds.

Here is my list of hurricanes and tropical storms. I bet nobody can
match my list.

1988 - Tropical Storm Keith when I was in St. Pete
1990 - Tropical Storm Marco in the Keys
1991 - Tropical Storm Ana in the Keys
1991 - Tropical Storm Fabian in the Keys
1992 - Hurricane Andrew in the Keys
1994 - Tropical Storm Gordon in the Keys
1998 - Hurricane Georges in the Keys
1998 - Tropical Storm Mitch in the Keys
1999 - Tropical Storm Harvey in the Keys
1999 - Tropical Storm Irene in the Keys
2004 - Hurricane Charlie in the Keys
2004 - Hurricane Ivan in the Keys
2005 - Hurricane Dennis in the Keys
2005 - Hurricane Katrina in the Keys
2005 - Hurricane Rita in the Keys

Now, make me a charter member. I deserve it.

CN