Thom Stewart

Scotty,

When I was back there, this storm you're having was classified as an
"Onion Snow"
Winter's parting shot.

I cut the grass for the second time yesterday

Ole Thom

Thom Stewart

Couldn't get a "Noon Sight" today. Cloud cover. Last one was 4 fists &
4 knuckles from a Lat 48'8" minus 47'5" that would be 3'30" + another
day at 26 mile rate. I figure 180 miles close enough for ASA work.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage

Thom Stewart

Wally,

How about you giving us a more exact reading on the 14 th of march? I
would really like that. My Sun tables are outdated by about five years
so even with my sextant reading I'm still estimating.
Keep me honest with your Planetarium

Thanks,
Ole Thom

Thom Stewart

Got a Noon "Fist Sight" 4 fist and 3
fingers. That put Ole Sol probably less than 60miles and I'm running out
of days.
Looks like Wally's reading was dead nuts on.

Anyway, Sun about to be on our side very soon

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage

Thom Stewart

My "Fist Sight" hit 48 degrees today. If I've been hitting them close,
I'm working on forty-eight minutes with four days to go. Looks like my
sighting will be at the equator at least a day ahead of the sun.

Could be in error between twenty to forty miles. Rough but I don't feel
to bad about my free hand sighting.

Get a fresh start on the 20th. I may try modifying RMS to 68% & 32% on
the next 91 1/4 days

Ole Thom

Joe

Yeah, but when do we spring forward with the clocks?

Joe

Scott Vernon

April 3rd.

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yeah, but when do we spring forward with the clocks?

Joe

Thom Stewart

"Spring ahead April 3" Joe.

Changes "Local Noon" out of whack with GMT.

Doesn't make to much difference to this old Man. All my cruising is
contained within local knowledge areas.

The easy Navi is just for fun. Getting Closer and closer. I think I can
bring it within somewhere between a 1/4 & 1/2 degree with the Sun Noon
Sights. I just might try some Star sights this year.

I've gained a hell of a lot more respect for the old sailors before
compass Tech. I have very little doubt about them knowing where they
were going or where they were.

AND: "I'LL DRINK TO THAT!"

Cheers,
Ole Thom

Thom Stewart

Some where in the fourth finger. Fist sights and days/degree beat the
Sun to the Equator by about a degree+. :^) Will adjust on the 20 th.

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage