Joe Parsons

Default Transducer location

A couple of months ago I bought a 1992 Four Winns Sundowner 195. There's a
Lowrance depth sounder installed. At slow speeds it works fine, but at speed,
it doesn't.

It does not start working when I return to slow speed.

I thought initially that there was some problem with the external location of
the transducer, but as near as I can tell, it's internal.

I'm thinking maybe it has come unglued from the hull. Before I go digging
around trying to find it, does anyone know where it's installed?

Joe Parsons

noah

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:53:04 GMT, Joe Parsons
wrote:

A couple of months ago I bought a 1992 Four Winns Sundowner 195. There's a
Lowrance depth sounder installed. At slow speeds it works fine, but at speed,
it doesn't.

It does not start working when I return to slow speed.

I thought initially that there was some problem with the external location of
the transducer, but as near as I can tell, it's internal.

I'm thinking maybe it has come unglued from the hull. Before I go digging
around trying to find it, does anyone know where it's installed?

Joe Parsons

If it was done correctly, Joe, it is likely accessible through the
engine hatch. Ahead of the engine mounts, 2 to 3 feet to the side of
the keel.

You didn't mention your hull construction, but don't use silicone to
repair. Silicone kills the signal.

noah
Joe Parsons

wrote:

A couple of months ago I bought a 1992 Four Winns Sundowner 195. There's a
Lowrance depth sounder installed. At slow speeds it works fine, but at speed,
it doesn't.

It does not start working when I return to slow speed.

I thought initially that there was some problem with the external location of
the transducer, but as near as I can tell, it's internal.

I'm thinking maybe it has come unglued from the hull. Before I go digging
around trying to find it, does anyone know where it's installed?

Joe Parsons

If it was done correctly, Joe, it is likely accessible through the
engine hatch. Ahead of the engine mounts, 2 to 3 feet to the side of
the keel.

You didn't mention your hull construction, but don't use silicone to
repair. Silicone kills the signal.

Thanks...at least now I know where to start looking.

I do know about not using silicone!

Joe Parsons

noah

fishfinder problems alex General 11 September 27th 03 03:18 AM
Can I use a NYLON Transducer in a WOOD Hull ??? Gary Warner General 15 August 23rd 03 01:45 AM
"Neutral safety switch" location gatt General 1 July 16th 03 04:39 AM