Capt. Neal®

Default You Poor Slobs

I have just returned from several days of sailing. The conditions were close to perfect
with our commencing our sail on the heels of a norther in winds of 25 to 30 knots. My
guest enjoyed the safe and relaxing sailing except for the second day where the winds
were steady at about 25 knots but gusting to around 35. Unfortunately, it was a close-
hauled sail to a little offshore island where we could tuck in behind a sandbar to
get out of the three to four foot choppy waves that had been kicked up in Hawk
Channel. My guest had a hard time getting used to the heel my fine, bluewater vessel
experienced due to being close-hauled in the strong prevailing onshore winds. She
was happy when we anchored in relatively calm water in the lee of the sandbar.

The third day we departed from the shelter of the sandbar and sailed well out
into the Gulf Stream in winds of only 15 to 20 knots. There were some left-over rollers
from the open ocean of 4-5 feet variety, so my guest got a taste of ocean sailing. This
is something most of you on this group have never experienced. She held up just fine,
did not become fearful nor did she become sea sick. What a woman! What a boat!

Too bad Mooron is too chicken to take this fine woman for a sail. . . Too bad his
vessel is sad and icebound. Too bad he doesn't remain sober long enough to sail
even when the ice has melted.

CN

Capt. Mooron

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

Too bad Mooron is too chicken to take this fine woman for a sail. . . Too
bad his
vessel is sad and icebound. Too bad he doesn't remain sober long enough to
sail even when the ice has melted.

Yes Indeed..... such a small vessel would be tested by conditions that only
begin to feel invigorating on a real vessel like Overproof!
Did you cook and coddle the crew?

CM

Maxprop

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
[...]

You don't know just how lucky you are. I've been suffering with Type B
Influenza for the past three days. It really sucks up here in the land of
ice and viruses.

Max

Joe

uh............MOVE.

Joe

JG

Didn't bother to get your flu shot, huh... you must be one heck of a
healthcare worker.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
[...]

Maxprop

"JG" wrote in message

Didn't bother to get your flu shot, huh... you must be one heck of a
healthcare worker.

Yeah, I got the ****ing shot, for all the good it did, or ever does. I'm
surprised that you, Mr. Conspiracy Theorist, bought into the whole flu shot
scam.

Max

JG

Bwahahaha... you must have gotten it at the vet.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"JG" wrote in message

Didn't bother to get your flu shot, huh... you must be one heck of a
healthcare worker.

Yeah, I got the ****ing shot, for all the good it did, or ever does. I'm
surprised that you, Mr. Conspiracy Theorist, bought into the whole flu
shot scam.

Max

Scott Vernon

Speaking of conspiracy theories, did you hear about the gov't wants to
do away with fuel tax and go to a system based on miles driven? Kept
track by a GPS installed in your car. Talk about 1984!
They say the high fuel mileage cars aren't paying their ''fair share''
of the road tax. Sheesh, guess we should all be driving luxury SUVs.

Scotty

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"JG" wrote in message

Didn't bother to get your flu shot, huh... you must be one heck of

healthcare worker.

Yeah, I got the ****ing shot, for all the good it did, or ever does.

I'm
surprised that you, Mr. Conspiracy Theorist, bought into the whole

flu shot
scam.

Max

Maxprop

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

Speaking of conspiracy theories, did you hear about the gov't wants to
do away with fuel tax and go to a system based on miles driven? Kept
track by a GPS installed in your car. Talk about 1984!
They say the high fuel mileage cars aren't paying their ''fair share''
of the road tax. Sheesh, guess we should all be driving luxury SUVs.

No ****. That Yugo that Jon drives won't look so good on paper if the
gummint does that, eh?

Max