DSK

Default She is easy to handle, ergonomically perfect and aestheticallypleasing from any angle.

jlrogers±³© wrote:
And no, we're not talking about Katysails:

It would be smart to enquire first if Mr Sails has a shotgun

http://www.australyachts.co.nz/Friendship40.htm

Very pretty boat, and likely to be fun to sail. I particularly like the
keel/centerboard configuration too. But it's going to be very very
expensive for a weekender, and anyway a boat called Friendship should at
least have bowsprit, if not a flying jib & topsail.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

DSK

katysails wrote:
Not only one shotgun, but three...

Let me guess... a 12g leggal for hunting, a sawed-off 12g for
anti-personnel use, and a 410 for household pests.

... plus a .45, and various other types nad
model;s of rifle both modern and restored antique...he is also a good
shot...

I would have assumed so, what's the point otherwise?

DSK

DSK

katysails wrote:
Nope...1 12 gauge, 1 16 gauge, and an old double barrel...

Why a 16g?

I love to shoot a double barrel, but that's just being an old fogey.
Modern autoloaders are very quick & smooth.

DSK

Capt. Mooron

"DSK" wrote in message

I love to shoot a double barrel, but that's just being an old fogey.
Modern autoloaders are very quick & smooth.

Sure but nothing looks better than a Double [side-by] under your arm.
I'm not much of a fan of the double over'n under though....

My old H&H .500 Nitro Express was a double barrel rifle.

CM

DSK

Why a 16g?

katysails wrote:
bird gun...it's nice to shoot...no kick....
(it's mine...)

Ah, the traditional ladies gun... and a 16g does have some kick, just
not as much.

DSK

DSK

Capt. Mooron wrote:
Sure but nothing looks better than a Double [side-by] under your arm.

Only if you're a fan of the tradional hunt look.

I happen to like the appearance of a Tommy gun with the old cylindrical
50-round magazine on top. Businesslike. But not for carrying around out
in the woods... well maybe in some parts of the world, yes... but at
least not the woods near my house...

I'm not much of a fan of the double over'n under though....

My old H&H .500 Nitro Express was a double barrel rifle.

I've never shot an over/under 12g enough to get any feel for wether
they're different. It's been said that they have better alignment and
are easier to balance, but IMHO they just have a certain snob appeal
because they're usually much more expensive.

I have an Armalite over/under .410 with a .22, plastic stock, supposed
to be a "survival gun." It's a hoot. Cheap fun, too.

DSK

Capt. Mooron

"DSK" wrote in message

Capt. Mooron wrote:
Sure but nothing looks better than a Double [side-by] under your arm.

Only if you're a fan of the tradional hunt look.

Admit it..... a crisp fall day.... a logging road.... grouse hunting.... a
nice double under your arm... now that's a Field & Stream moment!

I happen to like the appearance of a Tommy gun with the old cylindrical
50-round magazine on top. Businesslike. But not for carrying around out in
the woods... well maybe in some parts of the world, yes... but at least
not the woods near my house...

I like the .12ga Bull Pup with the 50 round clyinder mag underneath

I've never shot an over/under 12g enough to get any feel for wether
they're different. It's been said that they have better alignment and are
easier to balance, but IMHO they just have a certain snob appeal because
they're usually much more expensive.

I've used my friend's for skeet... they are great for skeet shooting.

I have an Armalite over/under .410 with a .22, plastic stock, supposed to
be a "survival gun." It's a hoot. Cheap fun, too.

Yeah..... those are fine little guns. I used one once for grouse hunting.

CM