Capt. Mooron

Yeah... Doug and I Hijacked your thread.... now I think I'll fly to Hawaii
and smoke a cigarette on the beach!

CM

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
om...
I try to start a sailing thred and what do we get? Guns!

Capt. Mooron wrote:
"DSK" wrote in message

Capt. Mooron wrote:
Sure but nothing looks better than a Double [side-by] under your
arm.

Only if you're a fan of the tradional hunt look.

Admit it..... a crisp fall day.... a logging road.... grouse
hunting.... a nice double under your arm... now that's a Field &
Stream moment!

I happen to like the appearance of a Tommy gun with the old
cylindrical 50-round magazine on top. Businesslike. But not for
carrying around out in the woods... well maybe in some parts of the
world, yes... but at least not the woods near my house...

I like the .12ga Bull Pup with the 50 round clyinder mag underneath

I've never shot an over/under 12g enough to get any feel for wether
they're different. It's been said that they have better alignment
and are easier to balance, but IMHO they just have a certain snob
appeal because they're usually much more expensive.

I've used my friend's for skeet... they are great for skeet shooting.

I have an Armalite over/under .410 with a .22, plastic stock,
supposed to be a "survival gun." It's a hoot. Cheap fun, too.

Yeah..... those are fine little guns. I used one once for grouse
hunting.

CM

--

jlrogers±³©
Beaten by George W. Bush! Now that's funny!

katysails

I meant comparatively...

"DSK" wrote in message
Why a 16g?

katysails wrote:
bird gun...it's nice to shoot...no kick....
(it's mine...)

Ah, the traditional ladies gun... and a 16g does have some kick, just not
as much.

DSK