Capt.American

Default Americans Sailors First to the Resue

I heard a California couple (Julie & Casey Sabolewski) sailing off an
island in the Indian ocean saved over 50 people that were washed out to
sea. They were saddend to see a German and French sailboat in the area
that did not join in and help, they just looked out for themselves.
Capt. American

DSK

Capt.American wrote:
I heard a California couple (Julie & Casey Sabolewski) sailing off an
island in the Indian ocean saved over 50 people that were washed out to
sea. They were saddend to see a German and French sailboat in the area
that did not join in and help, they just looked out for themselves.

More fascist paranoid fantasy. Nobody but 'Murrikuns (and our very very
few pals, all of whom are chosen for their ability to not ask
embarassing questions) are decent moral people, right Cappie Ammie?

There are two French boats posting brief entries on a cruising list I
get, and they gave 1/2 their food, a lot of medicine, and are busy
making water for people on the ravaged coast of Thailand. There are
probably a lot more "furriners" helping than you realize.

DSK

Bob Crantz

But those foreigners have alterior motives!

They will demand America reimburse them for their expenses, plus wages, plus
interest!

The lava lakes are full of foreigners!

Amen!

Bob Crantz

"DSK" wrote in message
Capt.American wrote:
I heard a California couple (Julie & Casey Sabolewski) sailing off an
island in the Indian ocean saved over 50 people that were washed out to
sea. They were saddend to see a German and French sailboat in the area
that did not join in and help, they just looked out for themselves.

More fascist paranoid fantasy. Nobody but 'Murrikuns (and our very very
few pals, all of whom are chosen for their ability to not ask
embarassing questions) are decent moral people, right Cappie Ammie?

There are two French boats posting brief entries on a cruising list I
get, and they gave 1/2 their food, a lot of medicine, and are busy
making water for people on the ravaged coast of Thailand. There are
probably a lot more "furriners" helping than you realize.

DSK

Capt.American

DSK wrote:
Capt.American wrote:
I heard a California couple (Julie & Casey Sabolewski) sailing off

an
island in the Indian ocean saved over 50 people that were washed

out to
sea. They were saddend to see a German and French sailboat in the

area
that did not join in and help, they just looked out for themselves.

More fascist paranoid fantasy. Nobody but 'Murrikuns (and our very

very
few pals, all of whom are chosen for their ability to not ask
embarassing questions) are decent moral people, right Cappie Ammie?

No since in acting so foolish DSK. Julie and Casey Sobolewski of
Carlsbad CA. said they were sailing with a friend when the tsunami
struck on Sunday. Many smaller wooden boats broke apart, but theirs
rode out the giant waves.

The couple, along with their friend John Hinkey, started pulling people
into their sailboat. At one point, Casey jumped in a dinghy and went
out to rescue more people. He said he went for the children first, then
went to a large rock where five others were stranded.

He said the situation was dangerous but that he didn't hesitate to help
because people were so close he could "practically reach out and touch
them."

Julie Sobolewski said she was shocked and disappointed that a couple of
other sail boats nearby didn't jump in and help.

One of the sailboats was chartered by a german.swiss couple and the
other was chartered by a frenchmen.

Sorry if the facts upset you commrad DSK. I did not say all French and
germans run like cowards, just the ones in this situation.

If I were over in Thailand I would give 3/4 of my food, and all my
medicine.

Capt. American

There are two French boats posting brief entries on a cruising list I

get, and they gave 1/2 their food, a lot of medicine, and are busy
making water for people on the ravaged coast of Thailand. There are
probably a lot more "furriners" helping than you realize.

DSK

DSK

Capt.American wrote:
No since in acting so foolish DSK.

WTF are you talking about?

.. Julie and Casey Sobolewski of
Carlsbad CA. said they were sailing with a friend when the tsunami
struck on Sunday. Many smaller wooden boats broke apart, but theirs
rode out the giant waves.

The couple, along with their friend John Hinkey, started pulling people
into their sailboat. At one point, Casey jumped in a dinghy and went
out to rescue more people. He said he went for the children first, then
went to a large rock where five others were stranded.

He said the situation was dangerous but that he didn't hesitate to help
because people were so close he could "practically reach out and touch
them."

That is heroic. Very commendable, the people they saved were lucky they
were there.

It goes to reinforce my belief that if you spend enough time on (or
around) the water, you will be in a position to rescue people sooner or
later. So it is imperative to be prepared both with equipment & skills.

Julie Sobolewski said she was shocked and disappointed that a couple of
other sail boats nearby didn't jump in and help.

Uh huh. I guess when one is so unblemished & morally superior, it is
one's right to cast aspersions at others.

Think about this... if the others had done what they did, then their own
actions wouold be average, not exceptional. Would Julie like that any
better?

Sorry if the facts upset you commrad DSK.

Facts do not upset me. Hypocritical moralizing gets it's reward, though.

If I were over in Thailand I would give 3/4 of my food, and all my
medicine.

Is it a contest?

How much money have you given to the relief effort? I could tell you how
much I have donated, but it would seem like bragging.

Doug King