Capt.American

DSK wrote:
Capt.American wrote:
I heard a California couple (Julie & Casey Sabolewski) sailing off

an
island in the Indian ocean saved over 50 people that were washed

out to
sea. They were saddend to see a German and French sailboat in the

area
that did not join in and help, they just looked out for themselves.

More fascist paranoid fantasy. Nobody but 'Murrikuns (and our very

very
few pals, all of whom are chosen for their ability to not ask
embarassing questions) are decent moral people, right Cappie Ammie?

No since in acting so foolish DSK. Julie and Casey Sobolewski of
Carlsbad CA. said they were sailing with a friend when the tsunami
struck on Sunday. Many smaller wooden boats broke apart, but theirs
rode out the giant waves.

The couple, along with their friend John Hinkey, started pulling people
into their sailboat. At one point, Casey jumped in a dinghy and went
out to rescue more people. He said he went for the children first, then
went to a large rock where five others were stranded.

He said the situation was dangerous but that he didn't hesitate to help
because people were so close he could "practically reach out and touch
them."

Julie Sobolewski said she was shocked and disappointed that a couple of
other sail boats nearby didn't jump in and help.

One of the sailboats was chartered by a german.swiss couple and the
other was chartered by a frenchmen.

Sorry if the facts upset you commrad DSK. I did not say all French and
germans run like cowards, just the ones in this situation.

If I were over in Thailand I would give 3/4 of my food, and all my
medicine.

Capt. American

There are two French boats posting brief entries on a cruising list I

get, and they gave 1/2 their food, a lot of medicine, and are busy
making water for people on the ravaged coast of Thailand. There are
probably a lot more "furriners" helping than you realize.

DSK