Scott Vernon

Default remember Pearl

Here's to all the brave men who lost their lives that day, and to
those that followed to push back the yellow menace.

Salute.

December 7, 1941, a date which will live in infamy...FDR

Vito

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
Here's to all the brave men who lost their lives that day, and to
those that followed to push back the yellow menace.

Salute.

December 7, 1941, a date which will live in infamy...FDR

Yes! I had the good fortune to work for and with some of those men. Nothing
I have seen in newsreels and history presentations really describes the
heroism they displayed. Each individual has a story in which heroism was
the rule of the day from firing on strafing planes with .45s to matching
arms and legs bodies to put into caskets.

Let us remember with a vow to face our present day threats with the same
courage and a one finger salute to terrorism.

And that Bin Ladin is still on the loose .....

DSK

Scott Vernon wrote:
Here's to all the brave men who lost their lives that day, and to
those that followed to push back the yellow menace.

Salute.

December 7, 1941, a date which will live in infamy...FDR

Yep. I was down at the college early this morning for "colors" with the
local NROTC. Thanks for remembering.

This might provide some interesting reading:
http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq66-1.htm

Regards
Doug King

Scott Vernon wrote:
Here's to all the brave men who lost their lives that day, and to
those that followed to push back the yellow menace.

Salute.

Ill second that Scotty! We all should propose a toast to our resident
WWII sailor.. Ole Thom.
Joe

December 7, 1941, a date which will live in infamy...FDR

Jonathan G an z

My uncle nearly died at Pearl. Refuses to talk about it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan G an z wrote:
My uncle nearly died at Pearl. Refuses to talk about it.

Well you ought to get him to talk about it. I sugest recording the
conversation. And I suggest you do it soon, or his story will be
forgotten.

Do you know anything about what happened to him?

Joe

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
Here's to all the brave men who lost their lives that day, and to
those that followed to push back the yellow menace.

Salute.

December 7, 1941, a date which will live in infamy...FDR

Thom Stewart

Thanks Group,

Dec.,7th, 1941 was the day that Branded my generation. Us Old Timers
vowed to make the bad things in our world better. We thought we did.
Trouble with living so long, is seeing that we created other problems.
SORRY

Thanks for Rememdering Pearl Harbor!

Ole Thom

Capt. Neal®

Sorry, Old Chap, but Pearl Harbor means almost nothing
these days. It's ancient history that's not even being
taught in the liberal public schools anymore.

It's a good thing people of your age were not like many
of the people my age whom I am ashamed of. People
like that war-protesting ******* John Kerry and Jane
Fonda and Michael Moore and even Bobsprit are still
pulling their crap even to this day.

They learned nothing from Pearl Harbor. All they
learned to do is shirk their responsibility and whine
and complain and engage in anti-American activities.

They spit in the faces of WWII vets like yourself.

Would that my generation had the guts and moral
fiber of yours. The world would be much better off.

Thank God that the 18-28 year-old generation, for
the most part has embraced patriotic activity again
and are willing to fight so we all can remain free.

Hope remains for a better future. Your example has
helped inspire these young patriots.

So, don't ever apologize for your service to this
country just because there were future consequences
beyond your control.

Respectfully,
Capt. Neal
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
Thanks Group,

Dec.,7th, 1941 was the day that Branded my generation. Us Old Timers
vowed to make the bad things in our world better. We thought we did.
Trouble with living so long, is seeing that we created other problems.
SORRY

Thanks for Rememdering Pearl Harbor!

Ole Thom

Jonathan Gan z

He was in the barracks that morning. Got up early, although that wasn't
typical for him.. a late riser all his life. Went out for a smoke, and the
barracks was hit. Killed a bunch of his friends. He wouldn't say much more
than that, but to this day, he's up early. Probably won't last much longer.
He's diabetic and on dialysis.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com