Bobsprit

Default Neal's Suggestion

Neal told Lady Pilot to buy the el-cheapo Sony P41, instead of a better starter
camera. Neal knows little about cameras as displayed by his mindless support
for Sony. Sony also makes the awful T1 and W1, both with serious focus issues.
So....Let's see what owners of the P41 have to say! Realize that you can find
PLENTY of positive reviews for any cheap camera because the people who buy it
will usually have no idea of what constitutes a "good" camera. Ignorance is
bliss...and Neal.

Cons:
This camera eats batteries. Picture quality is only decent. No power adapter.
16 meg card (included) is useless. Zoom is barely adequate.

The battery life is not that good, so you will want rechargable batteries. And
if you keep the pictures in high quality a good 256MG card is a necessity. But
for $200, a 4.1 MP camera is a great buy....Oh and the zoom is ok, but not
optical quality

Cons:
you think it's a good camera because it has a good megapixel rating right?
wrong! it has no optical zoom, hardly any features, and the picture quality is
not good. Buy the Canon A400 or A75 at a comparable price. It's 1 megapixel
lower, but my goodnss, if you knew what picture quality was, you'd know that
the Canons are much better, much better in features too. by the way, someone
complemented the camera by saying it is point and shoot, well really, that IS
NOT A FEATURE! It is saying that the camra is very limited. all cameras are
capable of being used in point and shoot mode. It's having to ability to go
beyond point and shoot that makes them better!!!

Cons:
This is an affordable good looking 4MP camera with great features like the
movie mode with sound, super fast ready between shots, and easy to use controls
from a trusted brand name Sony.
Unfortunately, the most important feature, the picture quality, is
dissapointing. Blurry, dim, flat colors taken inside and outside, in 'auto
mode' and manually adjusting exposure, white balance, flash, ect.
My old 2MP Fuji took far superior pictures.
I'm sure there are better cameras in the same price range, even if they have a
lower resolution.

I purchased this camera strictly on size and weight. It is an excellent first
time camera at a very good price point.
However, the lens is very, very small and affects the potential of the 4.1 mega
pixel electronics.
For color balance and superior lenses, Nikon and Canon are outstanding. Any
short comings in their electronics are made up for with the outstanding optics.

User comments:
I just got my RIO vacation photos back that I took pics from. They are
terrible. They looked decent on the tiny viewfinder on the camera - but in
reality - any photo where the subject was more than 2 ft. away came out with
drab pics and PIXALATED. Forgetabout getting enlargements with this camera.
The photos I had developed on my INSTANT Kodak (that comes with a free cd
-$10)were 10 times more clear and colorfol than this piece of junk.
Run Away!! Run Away!! My Rio trip looks like a trip to dullsville!

RB