Capt. Neal®

It's nice to take the chill out of the air on those winter nights.
Since I sleep naked and spend most of the daylight hours naked
it also is nice during the daytime on those chilly winter days.

Please keep the above information quiet or LP will be all over me.
(not to mention Ganz)

CN

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message ...
''It is intended as a light-duty heater in latitudes where winter
temperatures sometimes get down in the fifties''

You need heat in the 50s? Sheesh!

SV

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
Check it out, folks:

http://captneal.homestead.com/cabinheater.html

CN

Flying Tadpole

"Capt. Neal®" wrote:

snip
Please keep the above information quiet or LP will be all over me.
(not to mention Ganz)

CN

It's very unlike you, good Capt Neal, to utter such a rash
comment.

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
===Now with Vocals!!===(it'll be singing next!)
http://music.download.com/internetopera
and other music at
http://www.soundclick.com/flyingtadpolemusic.htm
Joe

Capt. Neal® wrote in message ...
Check it out, folks:

http://captneal.homestead.com/cabinheater.html

CN

Looks ok. However I would of visited the local metal shop and
purchaced copper sheeting. I would apply nice hand hammered finish
that Stickley would be proud of. And for a source of flame I would
convert an old brass welding torch from the 1920's, you can find many
at local antique shops for 20-30 dollars. You can find vertical
burners that were used for heating soldering irons. You can get fuel
anywhere on earth unlike your coleman bottles that leave rust stains
on everything.

Otherwise it's a fine looking salty design. Well done

Joe
Capt. Neal®

I like the idea of some copper on my heater. I'll look
around. A few bands of hammered copper would look
really nautical and would help conduct the heat.

I a thinking of using copper tubing and attaching five
or six, vertical, [ shaped guards to keep from burning
myself on the very slim chance I should have one too many
rums and find myself staggering about like Ole Thom.
A little polishing of the guards with Never Dull would keep
them looking spiffy and make a good contrast to the polished
stainless steal.

As for using old welders, sorry but we sensible GRP
yachtsmen don't need to carry that crap on board
like you steel bum boaters. GRP is forever unlike
steel where large areas must be periodically cut
out with a torch and new steel welded back in to
immediately start rusting all over again.

CN

"Joe" wrote in message m...
Capt. Neal® wrote in message ...
Check it out, folks:

http://captneal.homestead.com/cabinheater.html

CN

Looks ok. However I would of visited the local metal shop and
purchaced copper sheeting. I would apply nice hand hammered finish
that Stickley would be proud of. And for a source of flame I would
convert an old brass welding torch from the 1920's, you can find many
at local antique shops for 20-30 dollars. You can find vertical
burners that were used for heating soldering irons. You can get fuel
anywhere on earth unlike your coleman bottles that leave rust stains
on everything.

Otherwise it's a fine looking salty design. Well done

Joe

Thom Stewart

A very nice job!!! Looks great.

A question: How much running time do you get out a cylinder of gas?

Ole Thom

Capt. Neal®

Thank you, sir.

I'll have to let you know as it hasn't gotten cold enough to use
for an extended period. I suspect it will go for a couple nights
use on low.

CN

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
A very nice job!!! Looks great.

A question: How much running time do you get out a cylinder of gas?

Ole Thom

Nav

Dear Captain, Are you planning to kill yourself? To heat the cabin with
exhaust fumes from a propane burner is very dangerous. I can honestly
say that even your most vociferous detractors would not wish to depart
the earth in this way.

Cheers MC

Capt. Neal® wrote:

Thank you, sir.

I'll have to let you know as it hasn't gotten cold enough to use
for an extended period. I suspect it will go for a couple nights
use on low.

CN

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...

A very nice job!!! Looks great.

A question: How much running time do you get out a cylinder of gas?

Ole Thom

JAXAshby

I'll have to let you know as it hasn't gotten cold enough to use
for an extended period. I suspect it will go for a couple nights
use on low.

ah, it will run on low the same length of time a Coleman propane stove will run
on low. If I remember correctly, a Coleman propane lantern will run about 4
hours on a cylinder. (and produce one hell of a lot of moisture)
Nav

About 2 hours until the CO renders you unconscious.

Cheeres

Thom Stewart wrote:

A very nice job!!! Looks great.

A question: How much running time do you get out a cylinder of gas?

Ole Thom

Joe

Capt. Neal® wrote in message ...
I like the idea of some copper on my heater. I'll look
around. A few bands of hammered copper would look
really nautical and would help conduct the heat.

I a thinking of using copper tubing and attaching five
or six, vertical, [ shaped guards to keep from burning
myself

Good ideal, but your superior heat sink system should suffice.

on the very slim chance I should have one too many
rums and find myself staggering about like Ole Thom.

Yeah right slim chance

A little polishing of the guards with Never Dull would keep
them looking spiffy and make a good contrast to the polished
stainless steal.

Let them go green. Its saltier and better for the item. Patina is a
highly valued sign of quality.

As for using old welders, sorry but we sensible GRP
yachtsmen don't need to carry that crap on board
like you steel bum boaters.

Well then the GRPer motto should be first to fail.

If you use a proper torch like this one for your flame
http://darkknight.moostores.com/cata...ges/torch2.jpg
You could use most any type of fuel found anywhere on earth. I know
thats important to a cruiser like you. Plus they look great and when
properly burned they are clean and efficient. A good torch will last
as long as your coleman tank only pumping it up 2-3 times. The one in
the picture is assembled in-correctly BTW.

GRP is forever unlike
steel where large areas must be periodically cut
out with a torch and new steel welded back in to
immediately start rusting all over again.

GRP blisters, fades, chips, scratches, cracks, spiderwebs, osomosis,
rotts, splinters, delaminates, burns, and crunches easy.

Joe

CN

Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
West Marine POS cabin heater Jeffrey P. Vasquez Cruising 34 February 4th 04 11:42 AM
Captain Dmytro Biriukovych is The Ukrainian Observer's Man of the Year. Chris Brady Tall Ships 1 January 15th 04 10:47 AM
FS: Force 10 Cozy Cabin Heater w/ heat exchanger johng650 General 0 October 14th 03 05:03 AM
FS: Force 10 Cozy Cabin Heater w/ heat exchanger johng650 Cruising 0 October 14th 03 05:03 AM