Capt. Neal®

Default Rust never sleeps - this one's for Joe.

An excerpt from http://www.sailnet.com/collections/a...leid=jkrets033

Joe, you should enjoy this one. It contains a lot of truth.

"Nice boat. She's steel, isn't she?"

"Yep."

"She's in nice shape. Have you had her a long time?"

"Yep."

The old man was concentrating on chipping a patch of rust near the chainplates and didn't make eye contact.

"Is she Corten or just mild steel?"

"Mild."

"Are steel boats really as much work as they say?"

"Yep."

"I don't mean to bother you sir, but I am really interested in steel boats and.."

The old man finally looked at me. He didn't smile.

"Son, can't you see I'm working? If I stop or even pause to talk to you the damned rust will get ahead of me. Rust never sleeps."

CN

Joe

Capt. Neal® wrote in message ...
An excerpt from http://www.sailnet.com/collections/a...leid=jkrets033

Joe, you should enjoy this one. It contains a lot of truth.

"Nice boat. She's steel, isn't she?"

"Yep."

"She's in nice shape. Have you had her a long time?"

"Yep."

The old man was concentrating on chipping a patch of rust near the chainplates and didn't make eye contact.

"Is she Corten or just mild steel?"

"Mild."

"Are steel boats really as much work as they say?"

"Yep."

"I don't mean to bother you sir, but I am really interested in steel boats and.."

The old man finally looked at me. He didn't smile.

"Son, can't you see I'm working? If I stop or even pause to talk to you the damned rust will get ahead of me. Rust never sleeps."

CN

What a fairy tale. Matches plastic fairy boats.

Joe
jam24u

capt. neal wouldn't be capt. neal lill*** would it?????
more to follow i hope?

Vito

"Joe" wrote
What a fairy tale. Matches plastic fairy boats.

I dunno Joe. I spent a number of years riding our rich uncle's steel ships
and seems to me half the crew spent their time chiping and painting ....
usually on the bulkhead beside my berth (c:

Rust on a mooring chain J Bard ASA 2 May 21st 04 12:09 AM
How to remove rust stains from gelcoat Barry Minchey General 12 November 8th 03 04:13 PM
Rust on Stainless Steel Rick Dunklee Cruising 14 October 9th 03 12:06 AM
Rust: Will this work for Boats? GreggH Boat Building 1 July 12th 03 10:40 PM
RUST STAINS Gerald Meyer General 2 June 27th 03 04:16 AM