Capt. NealŪ

Default Rust never sleeps - this one's for Joe.

An excerpt from http://www.sailnet.com/collections/a...leid=jkrets033

Joe, you should enjoy this one. It contains a lot of truth.

"Nice boat. She's steel, isn't she?"

"Yep."

"She's in nice shape. Have you had her a long time?"

"Yep."

The old man was concentrating on chipping a patch of rust near the chainplates and didn't make eye contact.

"Is she Corten or just mild steel?"

"Mild."

"Are steel boats really as much work as they say?"

"Yep."

"I don't mean to bother you sir, but I am really interested in steel boats and.."

The old man finally looked at me. He didn't smile.

"Son, can't you see I'm working? If I stop or even pause to talk to you the damned rust will get ahead of me. Rust never sleeps."

CN