Recobee

Default A Severe knockdown

On our way south last fall, we stopped at City Island just to get some rest and
perhaps catch a fair tide. We tied up to an outer slip. The sky was blue and
the wind light. We were below catching some shut eye, when without warning
the boat laid over on it's side, spilling stores from lockers and the crew from
their berths! Rushing topsides, with ditch bag in hand, I could hear lines
snapping and water rushing in over the cockpit coamings. The spreaders were
nearly horizontal when I looked up and saw this large, fat, rotund figure
standing on the rail.

"Hi! My name's Bob. Nice boat you have. Mind if I have a look around?"

Scott Vernon

Lucky you were onboard, otherwise your electronics would have been on
e-bay the next day.

Scotty

"Recobee" wrote in message
On our way south last fall, we stopped at City Island just to get

some rest and
perhaps catch a fair tide. We tied up to an outer slip. The sky

was blue and
the wind light. We were below catching some shut eye, when without

warning
the boat laid over on it's side, spilling stores from lockers and

the crew from
their berths! Rushing topsides, with ditch bag in hand, I could

hear lines
snapping and water rushing in over the cockpit coamings. The

spreaders were
nearly horizontal when I looked up and saw this large, fat, rotund

figure
standing on the rail.

"Hi! My name's Bob. Nice boat you have. Mind if I have a look

around?"

What to do in a severe knockdown? tom ASA 62 November 5th 04 11:44 AM
has anyone been in a severe knockdown or capsize? Jonathan Ganz ASA 56 November 4th 04 11:10 PM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 September 29th 04 05:19 AM
Near Knockdown??? Bobsprit ASA 33 June 29th 04 11:43 AM
Yanmar 1GM intermitent severe knocking Phil Bailey Cruising 6 January 23rd 04 09:32 AM