Bobsprit

Default Dawn of the Dead Sails on

The remake of Dawn of the Dead is far better than the overrated 28 Days Later
and actually has a sailboat as a key plot element.
Good Halloween DVD...and there's a sailboat! Still, this is pretty tough going
and best for horror fans only.

*** 1/2

RB
Bobsprit

It was OK... I liked the truck smacking bodies when the people came to the
mall.

However the original was better I give it a **1/2. I liked 28 days later
better.

What looks like a good flick will be Shawn of the dead.

I thought 28 Days Later failed to deliver and was badly written. These films
work best when the "zombies" are the key threat. In 28 Days Later it begins to
focus on the soldiers as villains, defeating the effect of impending doom. In
the remake of Dawn, they nearly fall into the same writing trap, but quickly
dig clear of it keeping the focus on the zombies. Far better and more balanced
screenwriting. For the true horror fan, Dawn is superior, but everyone's
entitled to their opinion!
The original Dawn of the Dead is now called "brilliant" by most critics these
days. Pretty ironic when you look back on the reviews at time of release. The
original is now out on DVD, remastered and looks like it was shot yesterday.

RB

Why the word "dead" is not used in the context of deduced navigation JAXAshby General 49 August 7th 04 11:45 PM
Flogging a Dead Horse (on topic) Gould 0738 General 3 July 23rd 04 11:18 AM
Bush Exploits Photo of Dead Bodies Jim General 35 March 15th 04 10:32 PM
Neal's new Sails Donal ASA 10 January 31st 04 09:54 PM
Sails officially ordered. Simple Simon ASA 2 September 10th 03 07:38 AM