BoatBanter.com

-   -   Dawn of the Dead Sails on (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/24484-dawn-dead-sails.html)

Bobsprit October 27th 04 10:19 PM

Dawn of the Dead Sails on

The remake of Dawn of the Dead is far better than the overrated 28 Days Later
and actually has a sailboat as a key plot element.
Good Halloween DVD...and there's a sailboat! Still, this is pretty tough going
and best for horror fans only.

*** 1/2

RB

Joe October 28th 04 04:02 PM

(Bobsprit) wrote in message ...
The remake of Dawn of the Dead is far better than the overrated 28 Days Later
and actually has a sailboat as a key plot element.
Good Halloween DVD...and there's a sailboat! Still, this is pretty tough going
and best for horror fans only.

*** 1/2

It was OK... I liked the truck smacking bodies when the people came to the mall.

However the original was better I give it a **1/2. I liked 28 days later better.

What looks like a good flick will be Shawn of the dead.

Joe

RB

Bobsprit October 28th 04 05:30 PM

It was OK... I liked the truck smacking bodies when the people came to the
mall.

However the original was better I give it a **1/2. I liked 28 days later
better.

What looks like a good flick will be Shawn of the dead.

I thought 28 Days Later failed to deliver and was badly written. These films
work best when the "zombies" are the key threat. In 28 Days Later it begins to
focus on the soldiers as villains, defeating the effect of impending doom. In
the remake of Dawn, they nearly fall into the same writing trap, but quickly
dig clear of it keeping the focus on the zombies. Far better and more balanced
screenwriting. For the true horror fan, Dawn is superior, but everyone's
entitled to their opinion!
The original Dawn of the Dead is now called "brilliant" by most critics these
days. Pretty ironic when you look back on the reviews at time of release. The
original is now out on DVD, remastered and looks like it was shot yesterday.

RB