Bobsprit

It was OK... I liked the truck smacking bodies when the people came to the
mall.

However the original was better I give it a **1/2. I liked 28 days later
better.

What looks like a good flick will be Shawn of the dead.

I thought 28 Days Later failed to deliver and was badly written. These films
work best when the "zombies" are the key threat. In 28 Days Later it begins to
focus on the soldiers as villains, defeating the effect of impending doom. In
the remake of Dawn, they nearly fall into the same writing trap, but quickly
dig clear of it keeping the focus on the zombies. Far better and more balanced
screenwriting. For the true horror fan, Dawn is superior, but everyone's
entitled to their opinion!
The original Dawn of the Dead is now called "brilliant" by most critics these
days. Pretty ironic when you look back on the reviews at time of release. The
original is now out on DVD, remastered and looks like it was shot yesterday.

RB