Gilligan

Default More evidence of ether drag!!

http://www.voanews.com/english/2004-10-21-voa131.cfm

Now we know why Michelson-Morley showed a nulled. The ether is rotated with
the earth! The North and South poles are the only inertial reference frames!

Gilligan

DSK

Gilligan wrote:
http://www.voanews.com/english/2004-10-21-voa131.cfm

Now we know why Michelson-Morley showed a nulled. The ether is rotated with
the earth! The North and South poles are the only inertial reference frames!

It may be that I don't understand what they're saying, but I don't see
how this is relevant to the Michelson-Morley experiments. And if the
rotating mass of the Earth affects the gravity felt by nearby objects,
then it would be affected at the poles too, wouldn't it... axially
rather than radially?

Anyway it would be interesting to repeat the Michelson-Morley experiment
in several different intertial reference frames, say at the center of
mass of the galaxy and again in intergalactic space.

It may be that the universe we think we see is all smoke & mirrors!

DSK

Gilligan

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
Gilligan wrote:
http://www.voanews.com/english/2004-10-21-voa131.cfm

Now we know why Michelson-Morley showed a nulled. The ether is rotated

with
the earth! The North and South poles are the only inertial reference

frames!

It may be that I don't understand what they're saying, but I don't see
how this is relevant to the Michelson-Morley experiments.

The null of the MM experiment could be explained by two things: that there
is no ether or that there is ether and it is dragged by the earth in
rotation and translation.

And if the
rotating mass of the Earth affects the gravity felt by nearby objects,
then it would be affected at the poles too, wouldn't it... axially
rather than radially?

The tangential velocity at the poles is zero, it is about 300 m/sec at the
equator. This is precisely what that new satellite launched will attempt to
measure using precision gyroscopes. You might want to look up the
Lens-Thirring effect.

Anyway it would be interesting to repeat the Michelson-Morley experiment
in several different intertial reference frames, say at the center of
mass of the galaxy and again in intergalactic space.

Check out the Michelson-Gale experiment. They detected a fringe shift
proportional to latitude (just as clocks change rate with latitude).

It may be that the universe we think we see is all smoke & mirrors!

It's the current underlying "philosophy" (or lack of) in Physics that's all
smoke and mirrors.

DSK

Scout

"Gilligan" wrote in message
ink.net...

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
Gilligan wrote:
[...]

Does this mean that even a vacuum can be twisted?
Has any theoretical use been suggested for this information?
Scout

DSK

Gilligan wrote:
The null of the MM experiment could be explained by two things: that there
is no ether or that there is ether and it is dragged by the earth in
rotation and translation.

As I understand it, the MM experiment was using the speed of light in
different axis to see if light was a wave propagated in a physical
medium, the ether (often sp "aether" to distinguish it from a flammable
intoxicant). It looks like this new experiment is using the physical
location of satellites and to see if they are displaced in ways
unexplainable by Newtonian physics.

The tangential velocity at the poles is zero, it is about 300 m/sec at the
equator. This is precisely what that new satellite launched will attempt to
measure using precision gyroscopes. You might want to look up the
Lens-Thirring effect.

Just did. Cool! I wonder why nobody thought of this before... it would
seem that otherwise, radios would have greater range east-to-west than
west-to-east....

It may be that the universe we think we see is all smoke & mirrors!

It's the current underlying "philosophy" (or lack of) in Physics that's all
smoke and mirrors.

Of course it is . Most of Bobsprit's posts prove that!

DSK

Maynard G. Krebbs

Gilligan wrote:
[...]

Kool. Does this mean that E. E. "Doc" Smith was right after all?
Mark E. Williams
Horvath

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:22:24 -0500, Maynard G. Krebbs
wrote this crap:

Of course it is . Most of Bobsprit's posts prove that!

DSK

Kool. Does this mean that E. E. "Doc" Smith was right after all?
Mark E. Williams

Only about the pirates of Boskone.

Bwahaha! Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 June 18th 04 10:37 PM
FS: 1996 "The Liquid Quarter-Mile Missiles" (Drag Boat) VHS Video Cassette J.R. Sinclair General 0 December 12th 03 04:49 AM
Bush Resume Bobsprit ASA 21 September 14th 03 11:22 PM