Jonathan Ganz

Yawl take care now.

In article ,
katysails wrote:
Doubt it.....ketch ya later....
"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Watch it or we'll throw you in the brig in 10.

In article ,
katysails wrote:
What a gaff....

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Peter S/Y Anicula

"John Ingram's ketch Saracen is, in real life, the
remarkable, 80-foot blue-water racer Storm Vogel,
constructed entirely of plywood in 1961. The custom
ketch has won virtually every major ocean race in the
world through the mid'60s. After many years and
several owners, Storm Vogel had wound up in Sydney,
Australia.

"We'd gone down to the harbor with the idea of renting
another boat," states Miller. "But to get to that
boat, we had to cross the deck of Storm Vogel. And, as
we crossed her, Phil, Doug (producer Doug Mitchell)
and I all stopped dead in our tracks. In a single
voice, we said, 'No, no not that one, this one' And we
made a deal with its owner." "

from: http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/films/dcpn.txt

Peter S/Y Anicula

"Claxton" skrev i en meddelelse
Greetings to all

My wife and I just bought the movie Dead Calm, we haven't seen it in

about
ten years now and have gained a great intrest in sailing since then.

We
were wondering what type of boat is in the movie and how big it is.

We are
disagreeing on how big she is.

Thanks for any replies.

Jonathan Ganz

You may be required to deck the hulls.

In article ,
katysails wrote:
I shore will....

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Claxton

Thank you so much for solving that mystery for us. And the link is much
appreciated as well. We figured if anyone could answer the question for us
it would be someone on this news group. Thank you to all who responded,
even as the discussion devolved into bad (but cute) sailing puns. (But
then, there's no such thing as a good pun, sailing or otherwise.)
Horvath, thanks for trying to answer our question without having seen
the movie. When you are consoling yourself over Bush's embarrassing loss on
November 2, you might pick it up at the video store and try to raise your
spirits with a good sailing thriller. And I am really glad to learn that
the Titanic was not, in fact, a sloop. I had always wondered what a
schooner looked like

"Peter S/Y Anicula" wrote in message

[...]

katysails

....with bows of holly and teak?
"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
You may be required to deck the hulls.

In article ,
katysails wrote:
I shore will....

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

And a number of bells in pairs.

In article ,
katysails wrote:
...with bows of holly and teak?
"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
You may be required to deck the hulls.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Horvath

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:35:17 -0400, "Claxton" wrote
this crap:

Horvath, thanks for trying to answer our question without having seen
the movie. When you are consoling yourself over Bush's embarrassing loss on
November 2,

You can't face reality, can you?

Nav

DSK wrote:

BTW, I thought I did pretty good for never seeing the movie.

Scott Vernon wrote:

Riiiight, so I guess the boat in Titanic was "probably a sloop"?

You could say that, in the same way that "Horvath is probably a mammal."

Actually, the Titanic was a schooner.

If you are thinking about her masts then you are mistaken.

A schooner is a fore and aft rigged ship carrying a smaller _sail_ on
the foremast and the main mast stepped nearly amidships or a vessel with
3 or more sail carrying masts.

Or are you saying it was a drinking vessel?

Cheers