Peter S/Y Anicula

"John Ingram's ketch Saracen is, in real life, the
remarkable, 80-foot blue-water racer Storm Vogel,
constructed entirely of plywood in 1961. The custom
ketch has won virtually every major ocean race in the
world through the mid'60s. After many years and
several owners, Storm Vogel had wound up in Sydney,
Australia.

"We'd gone down to the harbor with the idea of renting
another boat," states Miller. "But to get to that
boat, we had to cross the deck of Storm Vogel. And, as
we crossed her, Phil, Doug (producer Doug Mitchell)
and I all stopped dead in our tracks. In a single
voice, we said, 'No, no not that one, this one' And we
made a deal with its owner." "

from: http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/films/dcpn.txt

Peter S/Y Anicula

"Claxton" skrev i en meddelelse
Greetings to all

My wife and I just bought the movie Dead Calm, we haven't seen it in

about
ten years now and have gained a great intrest in sailing since then.

We
were wondering what type of boat is in the movie and how big it is.

We are
disagreeing on how big she is.

Thanks for any replies.