Scott Vernon

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:58:19 -0400, "Claxton"

wrote
this crap:

Thanks. Good corrections. You're right about all of them. We are

pretty
new to the whole sailing thing, and without looking it all up I

wanted to
respond to Horvath's brilliant answer to what kind of boat was in

the movie
(a sailboat--duh! followed by the "probably a sloop" thing that

exposed even
more ignorance than we have about sailboats). The good thing about
ignorance is that it can be corrected with study. Stupidity lasts

lifetime.

You didn't say which boat.

BTW, I thought I did pretty good for never seeing the movie.

Riiiight, so I guess the boat in Titanic was "probably a sloop"?

SV

DSK

Scott Vernon wrote:
Riiiight, so I guess the boat in Titanic was "probably a sloop"?

You could say that, in the same way that "Horvath is probably a mammal."

Actually, the Titanic was a schooner.

DSK

Scott Vernon

. ..

Scott Vernon wrote:
Riiiight, so I guess the boat in Titanic was "probably a sloop"?

You could say that, in the same way that "Horvath is probably a

mammal."

Actually, the Titanic was a schooner.

It was a ketchy looking boat, y'awl.

Scotty

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Horvath wrote:
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:58:19 -0400, "Claxton" wrote
this crap:

Thanks. Good corrections. You're right about all of them. We are pretty
new to the whole sailing thing, and without looking it all up I wanted to
respond to Horvath's brilliant answer to what kind of boat was in the movie
(a sailboat--duh! followed by the "probably a sloop" thing that exposed even
more ignorance than we have about sailboats). The good thing about
ignorance is that it can be corrected with study. Stupidity lasts a
lifetime.

You didn't say which boat.

BTW, I thought I did pretty good for never seeing the movie.

And for being an idiot.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Scott Vernon

"Horvath" wrote in message

BTW, I thought I did pretty good for never seeing the movie.

Riiiight, so I guess the boat in Titanic was "probably a sloop"?

Which boat?

the one with the backwards steering wheel.

Scotty

Jonathan Ganz

wrote this crap:

lifetime.

You didn't say which boat.

BTW, I thought I did pretty good for never seeing the movie.

Riiiight, so I guess the boat in Titanic was "probably a sloop"?

Which boat?

It was your hunter. It sank.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

Watch it or we'll throw you in the brig in 10.

In article ,
katysails wrote:
What a gaff....