Michael

Unbeknownst to most I owned a computer store in the 90's. Fromthe age of XT
to 386 with Pentium's just coming out before I sold out and went into the
publishing business. We were one of the beta test sites for MS Software.
One of their own bits of advice was load the new stuff on a separate
computer. The target for testing was to find bugs they didn't know about.
However having found them did they fix them? Not on your nelly! You will
recall the rather good three dimensional filing program from Foxpro which
they redid and released under the MS logo. Had a system of setting up files
to suit your needs. If you didn't like one of the connections you just
erased it. HOWEVER we found out early on it didn't really erase. Just
stayed in the background. Pretty soon it was overloaded and crashed. Told
MS about it and their answer was they didn't want buyers doing their own
program but wanted them to hire programmers to set it up for them. Just one
small case in point.

M.

"Scout" wrote in message
Amen
Scout

"Michael" wrote
One more time.....NEVER EVER use any software from Microsoft unless it's
been out for at least a year. That's NEVER EVER for any reason.

Jonathan Ganz

This must be representative of your "closed circle." .. a bunch of losers
who should stick to their knitting rather than play with the big dogs.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com