Joe

Default Eye of the storm

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USN...one&p id=none

Lets say somehow you managed to get smack dead in the center of this
eye.

What course would you plot? Why?

Perfect eye huh?

Joe
Bobsprit

Lets say somehow you managed to get smack dead in the center of this
eye.

What course would you plot? Why?

In which boat?

RB
Bobsprit

Lets say somehow you managed to get smack dead in the center of this
eye.

What course would you plot? Why?

My guess is that both Loco and Scotty would quickly head straight down.

RB
John Cairns

"Joe" wrote in message
om...

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USN...one&p id=none

Lets say somehow you managed to get smack dead in the center of this
eye.

What course would you plot? Why?

Perfect eye huh?

Joe

SW, NE quadrant is the most dangerous.
http://tinylink.com/?JCNAFNF59S

Good story.
John Cairns

Thom Stewart

How about DOWN Joe?

Flying Tadpole

OzOne wrote:

On 9 Sep 2004 09:19:02 -0700, (Joe) scribbled
thusly:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USN...one&p id=none

Lets say somehow you managed to get smack dead in the center of this
eye.

What course would you plot? Why?

Perfect eye huh?

Joe

Now that would depend on its speed and track eh!

But not on its hemisphere, hmmm?
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
Flying Tadpole

OzOne wrote:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:14:47 +0930, Flying Tadpole
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote:

On 9 Sep 2004 09:19:02 -0700, (Joe) scribbled
thusly:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USN...one&p id=none

Lets say somehow you managed to get smack dead in the center of this
eye.

What course would you plot? Why?

Perfect eye huh?

Joe

Now that would depend on its speed and track eh!

But not on its hemisphere, hmmm?

Ahhh yes, AND its hemisphere!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Actually I was hoping someone else would get sucked in...I'm out
of practice as a troll. Do you know, there are other usenet
groups where I've actually promised to behave?

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
Peter S/Y Anicula

Joe wrote:
Lets say somehow you managed to get smack dead in the center of this
eye.

What course would you plot? Why?

I think it is a lot more interesting what to do not to get there -
both in the sense of avoiding the hurricane at all and in the sense of
minimising the dangers if you cant. Don't get into the dangerous
quadrant.

If caught in the eye:
I think I would sail full speed toward SW while in the eye - if
possible. (I assume the hurricane moves toward ENE). This should
increase my chances of getting or staying south of the track later on.
When the wind increases again, there probably won't be much of a
choice, since immediate survival will be the priority, but ideal
course would be ESE or SE.

Peter S/Y Anicula

Peter S/Y Anicula

Flying Tadpole wrote:

But not on its hemisphere, hmmm?

I know that continents move, but I don't think the Caribbean has
moved down to your side quite yet.

Peter S/Y Anicula

Storm jib? Stephen Trapani Cruising 8 May 11th 04 05:10 AM
Ketch storm tatics Joe ASA 56 December 20th 03 11:07 PM
I've weathered many a storm . . . Simple Simon ASA 5 November 26th 03 04:13 AM
what to do in a swamped boat in a storm? pb General 9 August 14th 03 05:33 AM
What to do in a lighting storm while Kayaking? [email protected] General 9 July 30th 03 12:05 PM