Joe

Default Eye of the storm

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USN...one&p id=none

Lets say somehow you managed to get smack dead in the center of this
eye.

What course would you plot? Why?

Perfect eye huh?

Joe
Bobsprit

Lets say somehow you managed to get smack dead in the center of this
eye.

What course would you plot? Why?

In which boat?

RB
Bobsprit

Lets say somehow you managed to get smack dead in the center of this
eye.

What course would you plot? Why?

My guess is that both Loco and Scotty would quickly head straight down.

RB
John Cairns

"Joe" wrote in message
om...

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USN...one&p id=none

Lets say somehow you managed to get smack dead in the center of this
eye.

What course would you plot? Why?

Perfect eye huh?

Joe

SW, NE quadrant is the most dangerous.
http://tinylink.com/?JCNAFNF59S

Good story.
John Cairns

Joe

"John Cairns" wrote in message om...
"Joe" wrote in message
om...

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USN...one&p id=none

Lets say somehow you managed to get smack dead in the center of this
eye.

What course would you plot? Why?

Perfect eye huh?

Joe

SW, NE quadrant is the most dangerous.
http://tinylink.com/?JCNAFNF59S

Good story.

Yeah.... except Carl died.

You are right... a SW course would be the safest way out.

However we know the storm was going strait over Bermuda and Cuba.
If you had a fast enough boat and lots of luck you could follow the
eye to harbor, of follow it along until it loses some strength before
heading SW.

Woulden't that be something? Wonder if a USCG helo would be willing to
pluck someone out of the eye of a storm? Ive been in a few eyes on
land and they are quite calm wind wise, once in the Gulf we had to
standby to evacuate a rig until a full blown tropical storm formed
around us, the seas are mighty confused but crystal clear skies and
almost no wind.

Joe

John Cairns

John Cairns

John wrote another story about Carl, it's a pretty good story, he managed to
rescue another sailor in distress before they both went down. Can't recall
the title, it's at the SailNet site. Oh, something I almost forgot, Carl
actually was responsible for saving someone's life, but you'll have to read
the story to find out how.
John Cairns
"Joe" wrote in message
om...
"John Cairns" wrote in message

om...
"Joe" wrote in message
om...

[...]

Thom Stewart

Joe,

What sails would you use to get out of a Hurricane traveling West at 8
mph with a boat with hull speed of 7mph by sailing SW?

Ole Thom

Peter S/Y Anicula

The diagram in your link is showing a hurricane moving North, the one
in Joe's link has been moving WNW. The dangerous quadrant of this
hurricane is not NE but NNW of the eye.
Please get your basics right. The dangerous quadrant is the one on the
hurricanes "starboard bow" (north of equator). It is defined in
relation to the direction of the hurricane and not to the compass. The
diagram and the text in your link is misleading.

Peter S/Y Anicula

"John Cairns" skrev i en meddelelse
m...

"Joe" wrote in message
om...

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USN...usa&seg=StormC
enter&prodgrp=FloaterImagery&product=Float5HIRES&p rodnav=none&pid=none

Storm jib? Stephen Trapani Cruising 8 May 11th 04 05:10 AM
Ketch storm tatics Joe ASA 56 December 20th 03 11:07 PM
I've weathered many a storm . . . Simple Simon ASA 5 November 26th 03 04:13 AM
what to do in a swamped boat in a storm? pb General 9 August 14th 03 05:33 AM
What to do in a lighting storm while Kayaking? [email protected] General 9 July 30th 03 12:05 PM