Joe

Default Second thoughts

Earlier yeasterday a small 14 foot skiff went up the cut with 5 kids.
A friend saw them and thought to himself that the boat was overloaded
and none of them were wearing lifejackets. Ages est. to be 14-10 years
old. The skiff had a 40 hp merc. Less than an hour later the same boat
raced up to the bar across the street and soon they had the road shut
down for LifeFlight. Seems one 10 year girl on that boat drowned just
inside taylor lake. Havent heard the details but saw them load her in
the chopper. The race to save her life was over.

He was ****ed at himself * I think * because he did not yell at or
stop the boat or call the cops, wildlife officals or the USCG.

Will make me think next time I see kids on any boat not wearing
lifejackets and not having an adult aboard. I will now turn them in
...in a heartbeat if they do not stop and put them on after I ask them
to.

Joe

Ferro Cement - Ingrid 38' Gaff Rigged Ketch - Thoughts Mike & Tricia Kennedy Cruising 6 July 20th 04 07:50 PM
Any thoughts Steven Bennett Touring 8 April 15th 04 03:37 PM
Polar 23' CC..Any Thoughts? Alex Moore Cruising 2 September 27th 03 05:12 PM
Thoughts wanted... Ed Edelenbos Boat Building 4 September 3rd 03 01:55 AM
Any thoughts regarding the Navman series of GPS/Chartography units? Jordan Electronics 2 August 14th 03 05:38 PM