Bobsprit

While many of us are happy with our current boats, we can easily see changes
and expectations that can't be met by our current boats. My next boat will be
36 feet long....after that I may go even larger.

Can't you make up your mind?

Nope. We might have another child and that could call for a larger boat. I'm
just 41. Why would I want to make up my mind when owning several more boats
will be a lot of fun?

RB
Bobsprit

and that could call for a larger boat.

Might not. If you had the proper boat to start with.

You mean I should have started with a Ted Hood 51?
Oh...

RB
Bobsprit

Nope. We might have another child

Can't you make up your mind?

Nope. Why should I?

RB
Bobsprit

Why would I want to make up my mind when owning several more boats
will be a lot of fun?

Because having the right boat is more fun.

Sorry, Joe. Your way is just to dull for us. We plan to move soon and probably
will end up moving again after that. I expect a lot of fun changes in my life
and see no reason to seek a "perfect boat" when many boats provide many
different types of fun. Tie yourself down if that makes you feel safe. We're
planning to do more than that.

RB

Bobsprit

I think Im happy with my current boat. What does that have to do with
being ready to roll over?

Are really so dumb? Everyone else understood. Except you.
Glad you admitted it.

RB
Bobsprit

After 9 years of sailing and motor sailing
and motoring my boat I bet I can make it dance around your latest
stepping stone.

Good for you, Joe. I bet everyone is cheering.
Oops. Lost another bet.

RB
Bobsprit

I on my favorite boat,

I happy for you!!!

Bwahahahaha!

RB
Captain Bly

I was hoping you were on you last leg

FamilySailor

My last boat???? I just sold my last boat! I now have my new boat!

I hope one day to be able to get a Mac 26'X...... Just kidding.... There was
a time when I wanted one, but I prefer something that is blue water capable.
Island Packet sounds good. If I were to decide to go small, the Flicka is
sweet for a 20' boat. But, I am thinking 30' -36' more or less. It needs to
be a boat that can be single-handed, roomy, stable, point exceptional well
and be reasonably fast. I have not found that boat yet. We are planning on
keeping our current boat for quite a while (10 years maybe) until the next
phase in out life, which will be preparing for retirement. I still like the
1983-85 hunter 345 and so does my wife. I hear bad input about them from
here though. They are set-up comfortable, fast, point well and can be single
handed. But for right now, I am busy sailing and kissing our new boat "26
Again!"

Sea Yawl,
John