Bart Senior

Default 30th reunion

My 30th high school reunion official party is tomorrow
night. I went to a pre-reunion party tonight. It was
a trip seeing people I'd known so well and hadn't seen
in so many years.

I didn't recognize all that many people--mostly due
to failing memory and no year book for a reminder.
Also many of the mene looked different with thinning
hair and facial hair.

I did immediately spot my first "girlfriend", who gave me
my first kiss back in 8th grade--An unforgettable experience.
That was 35 years ago. She still looks great at 48.

Another gal, I've always been fond of, told me I was her
first "boyfriend" back in kindergarten--but never told me
that until tonight.

Unfortunately, some of the women, embarassed about their
weight, would not attend. It is a shame because most of
the men feel the way I do--happy to see the ladies, and
greet them with warm hugs, no matter what.

Everyone seems prosperous and healthy. Some survived
car accidents and brain tumors, and some simply
disappeared. Two mean brothers, bullies both, a few years
younger than I were both killed in Texas. The first in a bar,
the second sought vengance and met the same fate.

SAIL LOCO

Everyone seems prosperous and healthy.

They say that that's who shows up at reunions. The people who don't show are
the football stars etc. who feel their present situation will never equal that
of their high school years.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"
Scout

Bart - that would make us both graduates of the class of 74 : )

Sail Loco - I was captain of the football and the wrestling teams. I had a
full scholarship and played in college with a Div II national championship
team (until I injured my back playing). I've never had the 'jock' mentality
though; perhaps that's why I feel great about going to our reunions.

Scout

"SAIL LOCO" wrote in message
Everyone seems prosperous and healthy.

They say that that's who shows up at reunions. The people who don't show

are
the football stars etc. who feel their present situation will never equal

that
of their high school years.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"

katysails

Bart - that would make us both graduates of the class of 74

Puley middle school babies you were when I graduated in 1970... I went to
the 25th...there were a few recognizable, but as you said, the guys were the
hardest because of the paunch and the bald spots...I live in the same area
that I grew up in, and there are relatively few of us left here, so everyone
has to come in for reunions...I think I'll go to the 35th next summer...

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

katysails

My Grandmother went to every 8th grade reunion until she was the last one
left.
Scout

That's kind of sad....to watch all your friends and classmates slowly wither
away and die....I think I'd rather be one of those in the middle of the
pack...

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Scout

That's pretty much what she said. It's tough to watch your world wither and
die.
There was a poem I read, but can't remember its name, that reminded me of
her - the metaphor involved the last apple to fall from its tree as winter
moved closer and closer.
Scout

"katysails" wrote in message
My Grandmother went to every 8th grade reunion until she was the last one
left.
Scout

That's kind of sad....to watch all your friends and classmates slowly

wither
away and die....I think I'd rather be one of those in the middle of the
pack...

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

---

Bart Senior

The guys, surprisingly, were all in shape. The
only one who was a bit heavy was just as he
was in school--no change.

Replace instead of thin hair and paunch, it
was thin hair and goatee's. The goatee's made
it difficult to spot people. Than and my failing
memory.

One friend survived a brain tumor and her
memory was as good or better than most.

Most of the women looked great too. Perhaps
the ones that gained weight were the ones that
didn't come to the pre-reunion party. It will be
interesting to see who shows up tonight.

One girl, now a teacher, told me about meeting
one of our former teachers. This former teacher
when she realized who my friend was screamed
in shock when she found out this little girl she
knew was now middle aged!

I also did a bit of crew recruiting. One girl, that I knew
well, brought her younger brother along. He bulked
up since I knew him and he's now my height and size
and a perfect fit for Etchells crew. If he works out I'll
have to use a woman for foredeck to meet the weight
limit--which opens up my options nicely.

I'd really like to start racing HOOT next year, but I
seem to be having difficulty finding crew that will
commit to every race. Am I asking too much?

"katysails" wrote
Bart - that would make us both graduates of the class of 74

Puley middle school babies you were when I graduated in 1970... I went to
the 25th...there were a few recognizable, but as you said, the guys were

the
hardest because of the paunch and the bald spots...I live in the same area
that I grew up in, and there are relatively few of us left here, so

everyone
has to come in for reunions...I think I'll go to the 35th next summer...

--
katysails

Scout

I can't answer that one, but speaking of HOOT, the drummer for the band, The
Hooters, sat next to me in homeroom, another 74 grad.
http://www.daveuosikkinen.com/biography.php
Scout

"Bart Senior" wrote
{snip} I'd really like to start racing HOOT next year, {snip}

Joe

"Bart Senior" wrote in message news:m4GOc.12780$

Two mean brothers, bullies both, a few years
younger than I were both killed in Texas. The first in a bar,
the second sought vengance and met the same fate.

Thats what us Texans do to bullies and assholes Bart.

Just ask Saddam.

Joe