Bart Senior

Default 30th reunion

The guys, surprisingly, were all in shape. The
only one who was a bit heavy was just as he
was in school--no change.

Replace instead of thin hair and paunch, it
was thin hair and goatee's. The goatee's made
it difficult to spot people. Than and my failing
memory.

One friend survived a brain tumor and her
memory was as good or better than most.

Most of the women looked great too. Perhaps
the ones that gained weight were the ones that
didn't come to the pre-reunion party. It will be
interesting to see who shows up tonight.

One girl, now a teacher, told me about meeting
one of our former teachers. This former teacher
when she realized who my friend was screamed
in shock when she found out this little girl she
knew was now middle aged!

I also did a bit of crew recruiting. One girl, that I knew
well, brought her younger brother along. He bulked
up since I knew him and he's now my height and size
and a perfect fit for Etchells crew. If he works out I'll
have to use a woman for foredeck to meet the weight
limit--which opens up my options nicely.

I'd really like to start racing HOOT next year, but I
seem to be having difficulty finding crew that will
commit to every race. Am I asking too much?

"katysails" wrote
Bart - that would make us both graduates of the class of 74

Puley middle school babies you were when I graduated in 1970... I went to
the 25th...there were a few recognizable, but as you said, the guys were

the
hardest because of the paunch and the bald spots...I live in the same area
that I grew up in, and there are relatively few of us left here, so

everyone
has to come in for reunions...I think I'll go to the 35th next summer...

--
katysails