Bart Senior

Default 30th reunion

My 30th high school reunion official party is tomorrow
night. I went to a pre-reunion party tonight. It was
a trip seeing people I'd known so well and hadn't seen
in so many years.

I didn't recognize all that many people--mostly due
to failing memory and no year book for a reminder.
Also many of the mene looked different with thinning
hair and facial hair.

I did immediately spot my first "girlfriend", who gave me
my first kiss back in 8th grade--An unforgettable experience.
That was 35 years ago. She still looks great at 48.

Another gal, I've always been fond of, told me I was her
first "boyfriend" back in kindergarten--but never told me
that until tonight.

Unfortunately, some of the women, embarassed about their
weight, would not attend. It is a shame because most of
the men feel the way I do--happy to see the ladies, and
greet them with warm hugs, no matter what.

Everyone seems prosperous and healthy. Some survived
car accidents and brain tumors, and some simply
disappeared. Two mean brothers, bullies both, a few years
younger than I were both killed in Texas. The first in a bar,
the second sought vengance and met the same fate.