BoatBanter.com

-   -   ALT.POLITICS.ASA?????? (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/20332-alt-politics-asa.html)

katysails July 13th 04 11:42 AM

ALT.POLITICS.ASA??????

This is getting ridiculous.....I deleted over 400 posts from last Thursday
night through today...over 90% were political....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Maxprop July 13th 04 02:32 PM

ALT.POLITICS.ASA??????

"katysails" wrote in message

This is getting ridiculous.....I deleted over 400 posts from last Thursday
night through today...over 90% were political....

It's a hotly-contested election year, Kathy. Problem is, you've been
hanging on a mooring ball; not on a dock. The conversation on docks these
days is similar to ASA. You may consider yourself fortunate.

Max

FamilySailor July 13th 04 02:57 PM

ALT.POLITICS.ASA??????

I gotta get me a mooring ball to hang off of!!!!

Anonymous Sender July 13th 04 04:01 PM

ALT.POLITICS.ASA??????

This is getting ridiculous.....I deleted over 400 posts from last
Thursday night through today...over 90% were political....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32

Old salts like to watch a good fistfight now and then, or what's sadly
turning into a gay-bash with Bush & Cheney pounding the Kerry & Edwards
girls to pieces. I thought it was going to be close, but the trend is
all Bush lately.

Vito July 13th 04 04:29 PM

ALT.POLITICS.ASA??????

With all due respect Kat, politics is very important to sailing right now.
Important waterways are silting closed because the current president has
diverted the $$$ needed to maintain them to his Iraqi misadventure. I had to
move my boat because it's 5.5' keel could no longer get in/out of the creek.
He has issued edicts that restrict our freedom to come and go as we please
and encouraged law enforcement harassment of any SV capable of reaching Cuba
or carrying drugs - all the while failing to enforce environmental laws
intended to keep our bays and rivers habitable. And the list goes on and on,
very gradually becoming OT.

Jonathan Ganz July 13th 04 05:12 PM

ALT.POLITICS.ASA??????

Katy, you need to mark your topic as OT. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Scott Vernon July 13th 04 10:13 PM

ALT.POLITICS.ASA??????

I was going to post the same thing this morning but figured it won't do any
good, and would probably start a flame war.

Right on, Katy

Scotty

Bart Senior July 13th 04 11:03 PM

ALT.POLITICS.ASA??????

Jon,

I agree with you for a change!

Bart

Jonathan Ganz wrote

Donal July 13th 04 11:48 PM

ALT.POLITICS.ASA??????

"katysails" wrote in message
This is getting ridiculous.....I deleted over 400 posts from last Thursday
night through today...over 90% were political....

Well said!

Regards

Donal