katysails

Default ALT.POLITICS.ASA??????

Maxprop claimed: The conversation on docks these
days is similar to ASA. You may consider yourself fortunate.

Actually, there haven't been any heated political discussions at the yacht
club....the most ehated discussion lately was a debate on whether someone
had fouled at a race marker or not.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

katysails

Family sailor said; I gotta get me a mooring ball to hang off of!!!!

I highly recommend it....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Joe

"Vito" wrote in message ...
With all due respect Kat, politics is very important to sailing right now.
Important waterways are silting closed because the current president has
diverted the $$$ needed to maintain them to his Iraqi misadventure. I had to
move my boat because it's 5.5' keel could no longer get in/out of the creek.

Vito, perhaps the money used to dredge your marinas creek is now
being used by the Coast Guard to protect the lives of Americans. Your
the typical left wing whiner that is only looking at what effects you.
Your marina should not have been buildt in an area were the creek
silts over unless the marina owners are willing to keep the channel
clear. Dont blame bush, blame the idiot who poorly planned your
marina's location. In the big picture do you really think tax payers
should have to pay to keep the creek clear for you to go sailing? And
by the way we have a dredge working the Houston ship channel 24/7 for
the last 8 years. So do not try to convince me that important
waterways are silting up. If it's an important waterway than the users
can afford to keep it dredged.

He has issued edicts that restrict our freedom to come and go as we please
and encouraged law enforcement harassment of any SV capable of reaching Cuba
or carrying drugs -

My boat is both capable of reaching Cuba any time and could carry tons
of drugs and I havent been harassed by any law enforcement at all. If
you want to blame anyone for your inability to visit Hemmingway harbor
blame Castro not Bush.

all the while failing to enforce environmental laws
intended to keep our bays and rivers habitable.

Your crazy, ships get busted all the time here for illegal discharges
and the EPA has a boat or two that monitor our bays 24/7. If your so
worried about enforcemant than go out and enforce the laws yourself.
Did you know if you turn someone in for illegal dumping or discharging
your intitled to a major part of any fines the offender has to pay?

And the list goes on and on,
very gradually becoming OT.

Your list of left wing BS goes on & on.

Joe

"katysails" wrote in message
This is getting ridiculous.....I deleted over 400 posts from last Thursday
night through today...over 90% were political....

katysails

Vito claimed:
I had to
move my boat because it's 5.5' keel could no longer get in/out of the creek.

Oh boo hoo...I cry for you...when the lake levels were so low a few years
ago, the local marinas (meaning us, the sailors) footed the bill for
dredging...it's all part of the system....you pay for what you use.
But that can turn into a whole new arena of political crap, so I'm dropping
it...no need to reply, since everyone has their own viewpoint and their own
is always the right one and the best.
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

katysails

Katy, you need to mark your topic as OT. :-)

No, I don't. I'm completely with BB on this one. I'm remarking about the
lack of sailing info in any of these posts. Aren't you the person who
always cries about "What's that got to do with sailing?" and here you're in
the midst of the fracas.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Wally

katysails wrote:

This is getting ridiculous.....I deleted over 400 posts from last
Thursday night through today...over 90% were political....

Agreed. The odd political post (which I readily ignore, having no interest)
is the nature of the beast, but when you have to *look* for sailing threads
amongst piles of political crap, it's getting to be a bit much.

I wonder how many of the posters of political stuff think they might
actually persuade someone to switch to their preferred party as a result of
posting in here. Judging by the responses I've seen since subscribing to
this NG, I'd say that the chance of such persuasion occurring is 100% zero.

--
Wally
www.artbywally.com

Scott Vernon

"katysails" wrote

Oh boo hoo...I cry for you...when the lake levels were so low a few years
ago, the local marinas (meaning us, the sailors) footed the bill for
dredging...it's all part of the system....you pay for what you use.

Did that happen under the Cliton or Bush administration? Just wanted to
know who to blame.

Scotty

Scott Vernon

It's especially annoying when the foreigners get involved.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville PA __/)__/)__

"Donal" wrote in message

"katysails" wrote in message
This is getting ridiculous.....I deleted over 400 posts from last

Thursday
night through today...over 90% were political....

Well said!

Regards

Donal

Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

Maxprop claimed: The conversation on docks these
days is similar to ASA. You may consider yourself fortunate.

Actually, there haven't been any heated political discussions at the yacht
club....the most ehated discussion lately was a debate on whether someone
had fouled at a race marker or not.

Standard yacht club fare. We used to quibble about rounding rights and
luffing rights all the time at our YC in Michigan.

No heated discussions on A-dock these days. Just the ongoing banter about
who said what, etc.

Max

Maxprop

"Wally" wrote in message

katysails wrote:

This is getting ridiculous.....I deleted over 400 posts from last
Thursday night through today...over 90% were political....

Agreed. The odd political post (which I readily ignore, having no

interest)
is the nature of the beast, but when you have to *look* for sailing

threads
amongst piles of political crap, it's getting to be a bit much.

I wonder how many of the posters of political stuff think they might
actually persuade someone to switch to their preferred party as a result

of
posting in here. Judging by the responses I've seen since subscribing to
this NG, I'd say that the chance of such persuasion occurring is 100%

zero.

Wally,

No doubt you've seen or heard this before, but at the risk of sounding
redundant:

ASA is more like a yacht club bar than a sailing forum. The contributors
are like YC members engaging in that most prominent of pastimes following a
day of racing or sailing: chatting about anything and everything. Sailing
IS discussed, but so are politics, relationships, just about anything
interesting to people. ASA is not like rec.boats.cruising, etc.

If you're seeking a strict forum, this ain't the place.

Max