DSK

Default Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

"Vito" said:
Reagan bribed Iran to keep the US Embassy
hostages in prison long enough to embarass Carter then illegally paid them
off with embargoed military goodies.

Dave wrote:
Look out for those black helicopters.

It's true, Reagan did negotiate with Iran to keep the hostages through
the 1980 election. It's been admitted by several Reagan cabinet members
and is mentioned in official Iran history (although you might note that
they don't seem to be proud of it).

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/a..._iraq_war1.php

DSK

Joe

Dave wrote:
Look out for those black helicopters.

It's true, Reagan did negotiate with Iran to keep the hostages through
the 1980 election.

Here is my take of the conversation and events. I was pert near the
center of the action in Iran at the time.

Atoyolla Komanie(sp? but who cares) said: Lets keep them tied up and
force the filthy heathen dog to pay to release them.

Carter: Well I could try another half assed assault with our wore out
equipment and we could make a last ditch effort to free them maybe.

Election day comes and the Gipper is elected.

Regans call to Ayatolla Komanie: Listen here you *^#$!% rag head, you
cut em lose today or Im going to send in the 1 calvery backed by a
dozen B-52 and a couple 100 tomahawk missles. I guarrenty Im going to
make sure we kill you after we kill 100 of your followers for every
hostage that even has a scratch on a finger, do you understand you
flea infested camel jockey?

Next day the hostages were set free.

Reagan knew how to make a deal IMO :0)

Joe

It's been admitted by several Reagan cabinet members
and is mentioned in official Iran history (although you might note that
they don't seem to be proud of it).

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/a..._iraq_war1.php

DSK

thunder

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:26:40 -0700, Joe wrote:

Election day comes and the Gipper is elected.

Regans call to Ayatolla Komanie: Listen here you *^#$!% rag head, you cut
em lose today or Im going to send in the 1 calvery backed by a dozen B-52
and a couple 100 tomahawk missles. I guarrenty Im going to make sure we
kill you after we kill 100 of your followers for every hostage that even
has a scratch on a finger, do you understand you flea infested camel
jockey?

Next day the hostages were set free.

A couple of problems with your take, the hostages were not set free the
next day, the hostages were set free 15 minutes after Reagan was
inaugurated. Just when was this call supposed to be made? Secondly, the
arms shipments began a few weeks later. Why would we reward a country
that had just held 52 hostages 444 days?

Reagan knew how to make a deal IMO :0)

Yeah, right, Reagan (more likely Casey) knew how to make a deal alright,
but it wasn't the deal you're referring to.
Joe

thunder wrote in message ...
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:26:40 -0700, Joe wrote:

Election day comes and the Gipper is elected.

Regans call to Ayatolla Komanie: Listen here you *^#$!% rag head, you cut
em lose today or Im going to send in the 1 calvery backed by a dozen B-52
and a couple 100 tomahawk missles. I guarrenty Im going to make sure we
kill you after we kill 100 of your followers for every hostage that even
has a scratch on a finger, do you understand you flea infested camel
jockey?

Next day the hostages were set free.

A couple of problems with your take, the hostages were not set free the
next day, the hostages were set free 15 minutes after Reagan was
inaugurated. Just when was this call supposed to be made?

Legend is....He made the call first thing after he left the podium
from the swearing in ceramony. It was the number 1 pressing issue in
the USA at the time.

Secondly, the
arms shipments began a few weeks later. Why would we reward a country
that had just held 52 hostages 444 days?

Well it goes back to the trader days on the silk route thru the middle
east. The are very skilled people in bartering and have a keen skill
in the art of negotiating. Ronald by heart was a Texan, but the sad
fact was he lived in California. Had he been a true Texas he would not
of bartered with dogs, no matter how big a palace they live in. Not
saying what he did was wrong looking at the big picture at the time.

Thats one of the reasons I like Bush as president. It's been a tough
hard road the last few years, and he's still stickin to his guns.

BTW I just heard 8 out of the 10 suicide murders on the planes in NY
on 9/11 passed thru Iran on the way to Canada. Coming out in the 911
commissions reports

Joe

Reagan knew how to make a deal IMO :0)

Yeah, right, Reagan (more likely Casey) knew how to make a deal alright,
but it wasn't the deal you're referring to.

Jonathan Ganz

Clearly, Iran is next on the hit list. Too bad, I placed my
bets on Syria. Maybe we could do both?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
thunder wrote in message

[...]

DSK

Election day comes and the Gipper is elected.

Regans call to Ayatolla Komanie: Listen here you *^#$!% rag head, you cut
em lose today or Im going to send in the 1 calvery backed by a dozen B-52
and a couple 100 tomahawk missles. I guarrenty Im going to make sure we
kill you after we kill 100 of your followers for every hostage that even
has a scratch on a finger, do you understand you flea infested camel
jockey?

Next day the hostages were set free.

Umm.. problem...
1- Tomahawk missiles weren't invented yet
2- Without prepositioned forces (which Carter did some, but not anywhere
near enough to support such an attack) it would be a totally empty
threat, which the Iranians would know quite well
3- for a President to threaten war in such a manner would be a greivous
violation of the Constitution.

Clearly you think it's cool to just kill lots of people with no reason.
So tell me, what seperates you from the average terrorist?

DSK

Capt. Mooron

"DSK" wrote in message

| Clearly you think it's cool to just kill lots of people with no reason.
| So tell me, what seperates you from the average terrorist?

He's wearing a Cowboy Hat?? ;-)

CM

Vito

"Joe" wrote
Legend is....He made the call first thing after he left the podium from

the swearing in ceramony.

Legend is the call went something like this: "OK, I'm in and the illegal
parts you need to get your weapons systems back up are on the way ......"

Secondly, ... Why would we reward a country
that had just held 52 hostages 444 days?

Well it goes back to the trader days on the silk route thru the middle
east. The are very skilled people in bartering and have a keen skill
in the art of negotiating. Ronald by heart was a Texan, but the sad
fact was he lived in California. Had he been a true Texas he would not
of bartered with dogs,

So Jimmy Otter must be a truer Texan than RR? Like all Californians, RR
thot Texans a joke.

Thats one of the reasons I like Bush as president. It's been a tough
hard road the last few years, and he's still stickin to his guns.

Yup, it's been tough watching neighbor kids getting killed and our
retirement investment evaporate. Bush may have been a draft dodger himself
but he has no problem sendin our sons and daughters to die in Iraq or
spending our retirement funds to rebuild it. Makes him real popular in
place like Moe's ....

Today's GOOD news! (a little off topic) JohnH General 19 December 22nd 03 06:07 PM
More OT Good News! JohnH General 13 December 20th 03 01:57 PM
Bad news for Democrats Simple Simon ASA 12 November 24th 03 02:32 AM