Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bart Senior

Default Conservatives are Proud, Liberals Aren't..

Proof that Liberals lie and are ashamed
to be liberals.
******************************

As all of you well know, John Kerry is making
conservative values statements faster than anybody
can count.

He now says life begins at conception. That is not
what liberals believe.

He's a friend of gun owners. Liberals hate gun owners.

He believes marriage should be between a man and a
woman. That's not what the liberals in this country are
trying to support.

He represents conservative values, he said. His Benedict
Arnold statements made repeatedly during the primaries
were the result of overaggressive speechwriters, not what
he thought.

Kerry is doing this precisely because he knows liberalism
is a political millstone around the neck of any modern
presidential candidate. And so do all these other liberals
in the media and the Democratic Party, when you accuse
this ticket of being the most liberal in the history of the
Democratic Party, "What do you mean, liberal? I don't
understand. You guys keep throwing that ward around,
doesn't mean anything." Rather than, flex any muscles and
say, damn right, I'm a liberal. They run from it because it is
a millstone.

Contemporary liberalism has been shown to be a failure
in social policy; for example, in welfare, crime, and
education; economic policy, contemporary liberalism
leads to high taxes, suffocating regulations, tariffs, the
nanny state, if you will.

And contemporary liberalism has in foreign and defense
policy, leads to unilateral disarmament and unwillingness
to use American force, disdain for the idea of American
exceptionalism, that's e-x-c, exceptionalism, a deep
comfort with framing international issues in terms of right
and wrong and good and evil, a discomfort with that.

Those are all elements of contemporary liberalism in foreign
and defense policy. Get rid of all of our weapons, turn
over defense to international bodies like the UN, reluctance
to use force, disdain for the idea that America is exceptional,
we're no better, we're no different than anybody else; in fact,
we have no right to impose ourselves on people, which we
don't do.

Kerry understands this. He understands he cannot be tagged
as a liberal, and so he's going to extraordinary rhetorical and
photo op lengths to shed the liberal label. His problem is that
as a Massachusetts attorney general and senator his entire
political career has been characterized by liberalism. This is
not a attack, and that's another thing. You call a liberal a
liberal and they say, "You are attacking me, this is a dirty
trick. This is attack politics." How can it be? To simply identify
them is a dirty trick. But it is to them, it's an epithet. It's not an
attack, simply an empirical statement based on Kerry's long
voting record, liberalism is the political well from which he has
consumed beverages for two decades.

Just as George Bush, Sr, commented on the lies and lack of
intergirty of Bill Clinton, we are seeing the same sorts of lies
out of Kerry.

Do we want a President that is a liar and a fraud?

The answer is clear, unless you are a liberal and approve of
liars.