John Cairns

Default Hey Katy

http://www.catalina25-250.org/tech/tech25/wingcon1.html

I wonder if Kirie sells a conversion kit? The French don't seem enamored of
wing keels, I'd be surprised if they offered one.
John Cairns

katysails

Interesting...Kirie's boatyard is in La Rochelle, France....we have ahd
parts shipped successfully for self-installation, but if they did make a
conversion kit, the price would probably be prohibitive just for the
shipping...better to go look at the cb Kirie for sale down there....(it is
exactly like ours except for the keel configuration...)

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Bart Senior

Why don't you removed the keel and put on a centerboard?

Don't worry about being overpowered. There is not wind
down there.

katysails

Bart said: There is not wind
down there.

It blew quite steadily the whole time we were down there....between
10-12...not the gusty crap we have up here where it's 7 one minute and 40
the next....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

DSK

Bart said: There is not wind
down there.

In my (admittedly limited) experience, there is often a sea breeze along
the Gulf... although there are summer doldrums too.

katysails wrote:
It blew quite steadily the whole time we were down there....between
10-12...not the gusty crap we have up here where it's 7 one minute and 40
the next....

You mean the ever popular Flying Hammer effect? We get that a lot this
time of year, bursts of colder dense air, often from a totally random
direction. Makes it challenging!

DSK

OT A lullaby for Seahag, LP, Katy, Lady S etc Flying Tadpole ASA 4 April 25th 04 05:04 PM
Hey - Katy Matt Colie ASA 3 April 12th 04 11:54 PM
Hey Katy John Cairns ASA 1 February 18th 04 02:32 AM
Katy, DP says Hi! DSK ASA 3 February 10th 04 03:16 AM
Beginning to feel sorry for Katy and the other girls. Simple Simon ASA 7 November 26th 03 11:07 PM